Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Any feedback on Phanotom from Paris and/or London?
(18-Feb-2015, 16:06)thumb5 Wrote: Ian, I really doubt that the 2GB flash is there to provide user-accessible storage for music.  Much more likely that it's to store the device firmware.  You might ask: why bother to mention it in the marketing material, then?  I guess for the same reason they mention other "features" such as the CPU clock rate, RAM size, etc. -- they're easy numbers to quote even if they don't mean much to the end user.  (It's supposed to be a box that does a job: why would anyone care about the speed of the CPU?  Either it does the job it's supposed to or it doesn't.)  Sorry, that was a bit of a rant, not directed at you of course Smile

I do think you are right thumb5, that the 2 GB flash is meanly with for the device firmware. Although I don't know how Spark is managing the playlist. It might preload some tracks in order to be able to play gapless. So it might need a cache and space on the flash memorie. My Qobuz desktop app om my HTPC  is predownloading 3 tracks max in order to be able to play gapless with flac's. Spark might do the same. Anyway I do hope it will play gapless. 

Messages In This Thread
RE: Any feedback on Phanotom from Paris and/or London? - by Charlemagne - 18-Feb-2015, 16:49