Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Any feedback on Phanotom from Paris and/or London?
I took my Phantoms to the HiFi Wigwam Scalford event.
I wasn't sure I could get it going since Spark needs a wired internet connection, but I did. They seem much more stable than before, but report the same firmware version as before. I only used the optical input into one Phantom and they worked perfectly all day.
Recordings varied from superb to average and the sound was transparent, IMO. Good recordings sounded fabulous and even the bright ones were not harsh.
I didn't have time to mess about with room positioning, but they worked amazingly well in a reasonable location plonked on the old stands I used to use with my LS3/5as.

Overall my initial impressions of the excellent SQ continue, and the stability with a directly connected source was fine all day. Spark froze once, losing the volume control, but a quit and re-launch worked fine. I did not need to re-do the setup, it still worked as I had set the system up at home despite disconnecting it for transport.

Looking forward to the stands and remote becoming available.
Devialet Original d'Atelier 44 Core, Job Pre/225, Goldmund PH2, Goldmund Reference/T3f /Ortofon A90, Goldmund Mimesis 36+ & Chord Blu, iMac/Air, Lynx Theta, Tune Audio Anima, Goldmund Epilog 1&2, REL Studio. Dialog, Silver Phantoms, Branch stands, copper cables (mainly).
Oxfordshire

Messages In This Thread
RE: Any feedback on Phanotom from Paris and/or London? - by f1eng - 31-Mar-2015, 21:42