Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Any feedback on Phanotom from Paris and/or London?
(16-Feb-2015, 21:28)Confused Wrote: Splendid summary Ian, thanks!  One point I would make, if you look at the AIR user survey on this very forum, the white noise issue effects 38% of respondents, rather more that the 2 to 5% reported by Devialet.  Maybe we are an unlucky bunch here, maybe Devialet are trying to talk down the issue?  My view?  I suspect Devialet are perhaps understating the issue a touch.

Probably true, and actually 19 out of 31 if you include drop outs.

They have sold, or had sold by the end of their last financial year, 7,000 units. I'd guess 1,000 to 1,500 are probably in the UK. US penetration has been late and slow.

Those who experience the white noise etc are much more likely to be forum participants, I guess, but as you rightly point out they would all have to be forum participants for the 2% to "work" in certain situations (19/1000 perhaps).

Anyway, the Devialet guy I spoke to (Yann Wachten) said they are fully committed to fixing it. I suspect they will devote more resource now that Phantom and Dialog are launched although much work is to be done on those new products in the future.

I'm more optimistic than before! At least today.
Innuos Statement 2TB SSD with Next-Gen PSU (with Roon lifetime)
MacBook Pro (with Air)
Draytek Vigor 2860v-Plus/Devialet Original d'Atelier CI Nos. 54A&B/Magico M3 pair
Shunyata cables (digital/interconnect/loudspeaker/power)/Shunyata power units (Triton/Typhon)

Dialog/Phantom Gold/Tree pair
Missing Link cables (power)
England

Messages In This Thread
RE: Any feedback on Phanotom from Paris and/or London? - by IanG-UK - 16-Feb-2015, 21:54