Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Any feedback on Phanotom from Paris and/or London?
(16-Feb-2015, 22:59)PhilP Wrote: I may be in London later this week so I may drop in to take a look. My 6 year old son would love Harrods Wink

When they say the Dialog has huge storage I'm not clear what they mean? According to the white paper it has 1Gb RAM and there's no mention of an internal HDD. Do they just mean that you can connect a USB HD to it?

Well I got the impression that one only needed a Dialog and either a Phantom or an Expert plus speakers; and that the library capability was 'huge". 

In the Phantom white paper, the Dialog spec says that it  has 1GB of RAM memory and 2GB of flash memory (which I presume is like a USB flash drive). And in terms of CDs I think (though I know little here) that that is equivalent to around 2,000 discs?

PS At Harrods, they have been pretty sneaky - because the Audio floor is the same as the Toy floor including all the electronic "little boys toys" which are also "bigger boys toys" and which you cannot avoid if you use the wrong escalator or lift. So your son (or you yourself) may spend all your money before you arrive at the Devialet shop. Good luck!
Innuos Statement 2TB SSD with Next-Gen PSU (with Roon lifetime)
MacBook Pro (with Air)
Draytek Vigor 2860v-Plus/Devialet Original d'Atelier CI Nos. 54A&B/Magico M3 pair
Shunyata cables (digital/interconnect/loudspeaker/power)/Shunyata power units (Triton/Typhon)

Dialog/Phantom Gold/Tree pair
Missing Link cables (power)
England

Messages In This Thread
RE: Any feedback on Phanotom from Paris and/or London? - by IanG-UK - 16-Feb-2015, 23:33