Poll: What speakers for best sound quality from the list
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Monitor audio platinum pl300 mk2
22.22%
2 22.22%
Dali epicon 6
11.11%
1 11.11%
Focal diablo utopia lll ( standmount)
66.67%
6 66.67%
Total 9 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Devialet 440 pro ci plus focal diablo utopia lll or daliepicon6,monitor audio pl300ll
Personally i'd expect the Focals to be comfortably the "best" of the three listed. However, in this price bracket, box size, and your sound preferences, I would strongly recommend auditioning the Magico A1. (Full disclosure - I am a great admirer of the A-series, having been a delighted owner of the A3, and now the A5).

But speakers are such a personal choice, and the way they interract with the room is critical.

As a rather left-field option - if you're happy with everything except deep bass and soundstaging, and the very thought of it isn't anathema, a well-integrated subwoofer could be the most cost-effective upgrade. A substantial increase in the image size is an indicator that the subwoofer is correctly adjusted.

However, in your position, I'm quite sure of one thing; I would spend the money on the speakers before the amp. I think that *any* expert can drive *any* speaker magnificently, and that once you've got to the happy position of having *any* expert, then the biggest improvements for the money are going to come from the speaker. And you don't have just *any* expert, you have dual-mono already!

Just my opinion from my experience. For a while I was listening to the Magico A5 on the end of a single D-Premier. Yes, the 1000 Pro is much better. But the biggest change came from the not-A5 to the A5, whilst keeping the amp constant.
1000 Pro / Magico A5 / REL Studio III

Messages In This Thread
RE: Devialet 440 pro ci plus focal diablo utopia lll or daliepicon6,monitor audio pl300ll - by devianet - 18-Dec-2021, 12:12