Poll: What speakers for best sound quality from the list
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Monitor audio platinum pl300 mk2
22.22%
2 22.22%
Dali epicon 6
11.11%
1 11.11%
Focal diablo utopia lll ( standmount)
66.67%
6 66.67%
Total 9 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Devialet 440 pro ci plus focal diablo utopia lll or daliepicon6,monitor audio pl300ll
(18-Dec-2021, 12:12)devianet Wrote: ...
I think that *any* expert can drive *any* speaker magnificently, and that once you've got to the happy position of having *any* expert, then the biggest improvements for the money are going to come from the speaker.  And you don't have just *any* expert, you have dual-mono already!

Early this year i chose Dali Epicon 6 for D200. While the D200 will not explore 100% of Epicon 6's potential (according to the dealer) your 440pro should do so (i suppose).
I immediately liked it soundwise, also the elegance of the design (a matter of taste, of course). Apart from that it's not a size monster. I also had to take off the spikes and place it directly on the floor - the best sound i could get from it.

For the Devialet part: forget about SAM with these speakers! At least if using a non-pro and if you are listening (very, very) loud like me... it will ruin the sound, sorry.

I had a pair of both Epicon 6 and Epicon 8 at home and have to say the D200 cannot drive Epicon 8. The result is really poor ... and with SAM even poorer.
So i had to return the even more beautiful Epicon 8, as i was not willing to invest it's cost twice to get an appropriate amp, too.

(According to the dealer: Epicon 6 can sound very good and will hardly sound bad in any amp combination. Epicon 8 can sound very, very good, but will easily fail with an inappropriate amp).

Anyway, that's all my (older) ears can tell.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Devialet 440 pro ci plus focal diablo utopia lll or daliepicon6,monitor audio pl300ll - by Ecki - 20-Dec-2021, 14:29