Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Problem with ROON
(26-Dec-2021, 00:49)markush Wrote: What about the second bug - not showing loudspeaker details / SAM profile of speaker name.

See @Jean-Marie's reply at post 6. If you tap on the star symbol next to the SAM line in the audio path info you will see the SAM profile/speaker model in the added info window display that is presented. The info is provided but perhaps not in the way that you want it provided.

Any change in the way the profile/speaker name is displayed would have to be made by Roon but they would probably argue that there is no bug in relation to this point because they do provide the info if you choose to display it. I don't think there is a bug here. Roon made a choice on how and where they wish to display that piece of information and it just isn't how and where you expect to see it displayed. If I want to see that info it's always only a second tap away on the touch screen of my iPad but I've only got 1 pair of speakers in my system and I know that the  profile I have loaded in my configuration file is the profile for those speakers. I don't need to see what speakers and profile are in use in the signal path info because it's always the same info, it doesn't change. I can access it with an extra tap whenever I wish but the only time I've accessed it recently is just now to check whether it works for me like it does for Jean-Marie and it does. I have no need to check it again unless I either change my speakers and I want to make sure everthing iw working properly with the SAM profile for the new speakers or if I want to check whether everything is still working properly after a Roon update or a Devialet FW update.  Knowing what SAM profile is in use is not something you need to check unless you've changed your speakers or loaded a new configuration file. The rest of the time most of us know what it is because nothing has changed. The actual SAM level,  however, can change more frequently and that is always displayed in the signal path info apart from when SAM is set to 0%.
Roon Nucleus+, Devilalet Expert 140 Pro CI, Focal Sopra 2, PS Audio P12, Keces P8 LPS, Uptone Audio EtherREGEN with optical fibre link to my router, Shunyata Alpha NR and Sigma NR power cables, Shunyata Sigma ethernet cables, Shunyata Alpha V2 speaker cables, Grand Prix Audio Monaco rack, RealTRAPS acoustic treatment.

Brisbane, Qld, Australia

Messages In This Thread
Problem with ROON - by markush - 24-Dec-2021, 21:06
RE: Problem with ROON - by David A - 25-Dec-2021, 08:04
RE: Problem with ROON - by markush - 25-Dec-2021, 08:33
RE: Problem with ROON - by Jean-Marie - 25-Dec-2021, 09:59
RE: Problem with ROON - by markush - 25-Dec-2021, 10:23
RE: Problem with ROON - by Jean-Marie - 25-Dec-2021, 21:38
RE: Problem with ROON - by David A - 25-Dec-2021, 21:46
RE: Problem with ROON - by Jean-Marie - 25-Dec-2021, 22:29
RE: Problem with ROON - by ogs - 25-Dec-2021, 22:02
RE: Problem with ROON - by Jean-Marie - 25-Dec-2021, 22:26