Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
bass,treble and SAM
I don't think I'm currently using the bass or treble adjustments, but I do use a high pass for the Dalis, and then pre-out from 60Hz (I'm guessing here) to the KEF sub. I use SAM, but I can't remember the percentage setting. Possibly 50 or 60%. I'd have to check.

For me, SAM is really great at helping the speakers do 'their' bass as well as they can, and it also frees up the midrange. I hear this on my Dalis, and I heard it also on ProAC Tablets some years ago.

I've used the treble adjustment in the past but essentially just as a fine tune, to get the tonal balance that feels best to me. I'd say that we do the same thing with speaker cables or other wiring; it has an effect on the sound that is just a product of amp and speakers and source and room. Each situation is different and there is no 'correct' setting for all rooms or systems.

With Devialet, being able to set the treble or bass tone frequency is really nice, but does take some time to work out. Personally, I've never taken that much time with it. I just like what I hear, and I rarely fuss with any of the settings.
Damon
Powernode, NAD M32, Cambridge CD transport, Analysis Plus, Nordost, iFi Nova, CSS Criton 1TDX, KEF C62
Vancouver, Canada

Messages In This Thread
bass,treble and SAM - by Petter - 05-Jan-2022, 22:12
RE: bass,treble and SAM - by ogs - 06-Jan-2022, 13:36
RE: bass,treble and SAM - by JohnnySix - 22-Feb-2022, 14:00
RE: bass,treble and SAM - by ogs - 22-Feb-2022, 14:11
RE: bass,treble and SAM - by Jean-Marie - 06-Jan-2022, 14:57
RE: bass,treble and SAM - by PetyMety - 21-Feb-2022, 14:57
RE: bass,treble and SAM - by ogs - 22-Feb-2022, 13:35
RE: bass,treble and SAM - by Damon - 22-Feb-2022, 18:12