Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
D-premiers (dual mono) rca to xlr does not work on companion
As you haven't listed what you've tried, it's hard to know whether anything I might suggest would help.

Did you buy the 2 D-Premiers together as a dual-mono pair? If yes, then presumably they were working correctly in dual-mono, so your vendor should be able to help advise, particularly with regard to which interconnect cable was used.

If you didn't buy them together, then is your "companion" actually a companion, or is it just another master? In Gen 3, as we know, there is no hardware difference between the two, and the relationship is set only by configuration. But in Gen 1, the companion had less hardware inside so that it could only be used as a companion, and not a master. This might mean also mean the opposite is true, that a Gen 1 master cannot act as a companion. I don't know (perhaps someone else here does), but it seems possible to me.

So assuming your companion really is a companion, I would do the following:

1) Check both D-Premiers have the same firmware version, if not, update both to preferred firmware and try again.
2) Update both firmware to the final D-Premier firmware version released by Devialet and try again.
3) Try a different cable, perhaps a direct RCA to XLR without the adaptor, as short as possible. The earlier generations are known to be significantly more sensitive here.
1000 Pro / Magico A5 / REL Studio III

Messages In This Thread
RE: D-premiers (dual mono) rca to xlr does not work on companion - by devianet - 16-Jan-2022, 10:40