Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Phantom RAAT after firmware 2.14.4 update plays not 96k/24 lossless, only shows it
(22-Feb-2022, 20:46)ogs Wrote: I believe @streamy  wrote "..192k/24 is converted to 96k/24 and 176.4k/24 to 88.2k/24." If this is correct the resampling routine in Phantoms is changed. I seem to remember that Phantoms could deal with 'up to 96kHz' in the previous version?
Hi @ogs!

He did indeed and I’ll leave it to him to explain what he meant by that, but other than the slightly cryptic information on Devialet’s website as far as I am concerned Phantom is a black box. You can measure what is going in (i.e. which protocols/resolutions are accepted at the inputs) and what comes out (i.e. acoustically), but as to what is going on in between that is pure speculation.

We thought that Roon’s signal path was giving us a little peek inside the black box but even that turned out to be a bit of an “unreliable witness”. But the measurements don’t lie, regardless of what goes in (as far as the DOS 2 inputs are concerned, i.e. except for Direct Optical) what comes out is never in excess of 24/48.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Messages In This Thread
Phantom RAAT after firmware 2.14.4 update plays 96k/24 lossless - by struts - 22-Feb-2022, 21:46