Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Phantom RAAT after firmware 2.14.4 update plays not 96k/24 lossless, only shows it
(22-Feb-2022, 17:19)struts Wrote:
(30-Jan-2022, 06:16)streamy Wrote: Thanks @struts for doing the measurements and showing the plots here. Indeed, what I can see from your attached pics indicated clearly that nothing has changed when it comes to what can be heard acoustically.
I logged tickets with both Devialet (7th Feb) and Roon (31st Jan) on this issue.  While Roon support has yet to even acknowledege my request Devialet picked it up within 2 days and today I received this email from Paul at Devialet customer service:

Quote:Paul (Devialet)
Feb 22, 2022, 5:01 PM GMT+1

Hello Struts,

I hope this mail finds you well.

Our team has found the origin of this issue, and a fix will be provided with a future update 🙂️

We do not have any release date yet, so it will most certainly take several weeks.

I'm keeping your file open until then, to inform you when the update will be available, and to check with you the downsampling step is correctly shown afterward.

Kindest regards,

Paul | Customer service & support Devialet
So:
1. Full marks to Devialet for their handling of my ticket.  Prompt, courteous and completely satisfactory for me at least.  Thank you Paul!  I’ll be keeping an eye out for the fix in the next maintenance release.
2. Downsampling to 24/48 is definitely still taking place as shown by my measurements.  It was, as suspected, simply a regression bug in the Signal Path reporting in RAAT introduced in firmware 2.14.4.

@streamy you might like to edit the subject of this thread to show that this turned out not to be true.  Would save folks browsing the forum getting their hopes up!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just tested this in the latest 2.16.1 firmware and can confirm that the bug is fixed. I played 24/192 and 24/96 source material from my library via RAAT to my Phantoms and the SRC to 24/48 is now correctly being reported by Signal Path which classifies the signal as “Enhanced” rather than “Lossless”.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Phantom RAAT after firmware 2.14.4 update plays 96k/24 lossless - by struts - 15-Nov-2022, 18:35