Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Using a Chord M-Scaler with the Expert Pro 220
I've sent in a D-Premier for upgrade to a 250 Pro.  Will be able to evaluate what the deltas between the 220 Pro and 250 Pro are. 

Regarding the deltas between the Expert 200 and 400 ,  what I have found is that with more efficient speakers,  the differences may not be noticeable.  My current speakers are 90db/w @ 4 ohms, and there was no difference audibly between a single D-Premier and dual D-Premier setup.  When I had less efficient speakers,  the dual setup did indeed improve the performance. 

The M-Scaler/Hugo-TT2 combination is part of a headphone setup.  It also is used with a tube amp chain occasionally used as a change of pace sound.  The M-Scaler does indeed improve the performance from the 220 Pro, and expect the performance of the 250 Pro to be improved with the M-Scaler as well. 

For users of Roon, the HQPlayer should also improve the performance of any Expert/Expert Pro.
1, ATC SCM 40 V2 speakers,  SVS PC4000 subwoofer,  Devialet Expert Pro 1000, ,  Ultrasone Edition 15, Ultrasone Edition 15 Veritas,  ,Chord Hugo TT, Magnetar UBR-800, GeerFab DBoB, OTL Headphone amp

2. Dynaudio Focus 360 , Devialet Expert Pro 220, Reavon UBR X-110, GeerFab DBoB

Messages In This Thread
RE: Using a Chord M-Scaler with the Expert Pro 220 - by Redwingnine - 21-Mar-2022, 13:23