Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Advices for a first time Devialet owner
(20-Feb-2015, 08:55)iamwappie Wrote: I have the same setup and always was under the impression that the source is not that important. I too have a Touch for years and love it. I now have it as source to feed my 120. Great sound improvement.

What I did only recently totally left me in awe. I installed the Toolbox 3.0 on the Touch.
http://soundcheck-audio.blogspot.nl/2011...ox-30.html

It is a software tweak that will cost you approx half an hour to implement.

What is does is disable everything that is not needed. This includes the display, wifi (use a wired connection), infrared and other stuff. Additionally it modifies some settings. The difference is breath taking.

So this also made me realize that a high-end digital source is probably capable of making another huge difference. I'm waiting for the dialog because of the bit-perfect streaming it should mean it doesn't get any better than that.

Anyway I'd advise any audiophile squeezebox touch owners to install the toolbox. It will become a small black brick only controllable via an App but at a great performance gain.

Frank

this looks interesting, I will have some through reading. anyway, I will use an ipad to control the device so I can leave without the wifi.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Advices for a first time Devialet owner - by archer75 - 20-Feb-2015, 16:14