Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cambridge Audio 851N seems interesting
Bryston BDP-2 - is on my mind since last many months Smile.

there is some story around this product from Bryston. CEO of Bryston asked his team create this product because they failed to do a good job on getting all data from NAS or their hard disk to their amps / dac. ...
Rock OS (Roon) on NUC 2016 Model (ETH Wired to Router) > Cat8 from Router to switch to 220Pro (CI) > RAAT/AIR > Monitor Audio PL300 II
Ipad Mini 4/iPhone for Roon Remote"
(20-Feb-2015, 12:52)amabrok Wrote: And in view of the fact that Dialog is supposed to bring additional wireless functionality/streaming capabilities you may want to play it safe by either waiting for further clarity (if you can afford to wait) or maybe go with a working solution that you don't consider as a heavy investment. After all this is an area which is still in its early development phase and things are evolving and changing rapidly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

although i wrote "Bryston BDP-2" I AM looking for low cost solution for sure. Because i believe digitals should not cost more.

I will do Airplay (itunes) from macbook air -> Airport Express wired to NAS -> Optical Tos link to Devialet until Dialog fully gets functional.

Also someon (Eric ?) on the forum said all hardware on Devialet (AIR platform) is ready its matter of software - i truly believe this.

the days of directly connecting NAS to Devialet USB port and HDD directly connected to USB days are just a firmware upgrade away. lets see how it goes.
Rock OS (Roon) on NUC 2016 Model (ETH Wired to Router) > Cat8 from Router to switch to 220Pro (CI) > RAAT/AIR > Monitor Audio PL300 II
I saw a Pioneer N-30 today, for £179 new. At that price you could almost buy one for a few months while you waited for Dialog, then throw it away or stick it on eBay. I doubt that it would be last word in sound quality though.
Hi Confused - Understood, but, NP30 is 500GBR, equivalent in India. Not worth.
(20-Feb-2015, 08:05)Jnan_devi Wrote: You are right!. forget about these guys. Problem for me (where i live) is, I dont get my hands on what is good in the market. everything has to be imported and they wont do until i pay fully. Hence i relay on the forums. This is a very decent forum. Or when i travel due to business i get to visit the audio store, pick up what is good in the market.

Eyeing for Bruston BDP1/2. I dont want to pay for what i dont use Smile. Like DAC not needed in a system. Storage not needed in a system which is a part gets updated or moved to other storage mode etc. need a solid processor and a processor along.

i gonna delete this posting in a week.

Yes, go for the Bryston BDP-1, and use its AES/EBU output to feed a Devialet.
You will be amazed.
I think audioadvisor dot com still have new ones for $1,750, and I am sure that they will ship to you.

You can plug in USB sticks (accepts 256-GB ones with no problem) and external hard drives directly into it.

The sound that comes with it as a source is very analog-like and with a very quiet background through the AES/EBU.
D400; Stereolab Tombo Tron coaxial for master -> slave; Kubala-Sosna Elation interconnects, power, and speaker cables; Spendor D7 speakers; Bryston BDP-2 w. latest sound card & upgraded fuses; Bybee Stealth Power Purifier conditioner connected with IsoTek EVO3 Syncro SE to wall socket
(22-Feb-2015, 05:50)miro Wrote:
(20-Feb-2015, 08:05)Jnan_devi Wrote: Eyeing for Bruston BDP1/2. I dont want to pay for what i dont use Smile. Like DAC not needed in a system. Storage not needed in a system which is a part gets updated or moved to other storage mode etc. need a solid processor and a processor along.

i gonna delete this posting in a week.

Yes, go for the Bryston BDP-1, and use its AES/EBU output to feed a Devialet.
You will be amazed.
I think audioadvisor dot com still have new ones for $1,750, and I am sure that they will ship to you.

You can plug in USB sticks (accepts 256-GB ones with no problem) and external hard drives directly into it.

The sound that comes with it as a source is very analog-like and with a very quiet background through the AES/EBU.
Mira - Thanks! i wanted to read exactly this, the HDD (mem stick) directly connected to any processor. Bristol website not great.

Do they have their app which controls the BDP-x ? and how is it ? can you do all the songs listing "Q"-ing etc?

live in India (shipping issues etc). I keep travelling to US (3-4 times in a year), I can pick it up there. any suggestions ? online link or dealer in Oregon/CA?