Poll: Would you upgrade to next gen Expert Pro?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yes, an improved version would be great
32.76%
19 32.76%
No, I’m ready to move on to another brand
12.07%
7 12.07%
No, I’ll stick with my currrent version
55.17%
32 55.17%
Total 58 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Would you buy a ‘Next Gen’ Expert Pro?
(22-May-2022, 19:16)Redwingnine Wrote:
(22-May-2022, 10:46)kerkhoffd Wrote: Still happy with my 400. Never did the upgrade because of the pricing strategy back then and the devaluation of my two 200’s because of that. Using a separate streamer never did spark any interest in the CI platform.

If a next generation was developed right now, I might consider the upgrade though, if the new DAC would mean a leap forward in sound quality.

Actually   the 220 Pro is a pretty good step up in sound quality from the 200.  Improvements to the DAC section,  along with a significant improvement to the ADH , improving the resolution by a factor of 4.  The power supply also has a 6db improvement in the noise floor. 

To me, the upgrade program offered by Devialet is worth it.  This is especially true for upgrading a D-Premier to a D-250 Pro.

I have tested both side by side when the Pro came out. But after spending full money on two D200’s just to have their value decimated by the Devialet decision to ask the same for upgrading a D120 to 220 Pro as a D200, really pissed me off back then. Somehow I expected Devialet to keep upgrading the Expert range when they released the Expert Pro. And have been enjoying my system ever since, while contemplating that íf Devialet brings out a new Expert (in the same casing), that might be a good moment to upgrade and skip the current Pro series all together.

The upgrade is now much more affordable then it was back then. There will come a time where I may decide to either upgrade to D440 Pro or, and that might even be a smarter upgrade path, upgrade to a second hand D1000 Pro. That seems more likely now than Devialet bringing out a new Expert series in the same case with even better DAC or other features I would use. Best upgrade I did was leaving Air behind me and started using the Aurender N10 as a source. For me a much bigger jump in sound quality than the 440Pro I compared with.
Aurender N10 - Kharma Enigma Signature AES/EBU - Devialet 400 - MIT SL-Matrix 28s - Audio Physic Virgo 25 Plus - IsoAcoustics Gaia II - AudioQuest Diamond RCA-AES between Master and Companion - Silent Angel Bonn N8 - AudioQuest Diamond Ethernet cable - Keces P3 with Hifi-Tuning Supreme 3 Silver fuse - GigaWatt 16A automatic circuit breaker - Vibex One 6 Cu - Shunyata Research ΞTRON Alpha Digital and ΞTRON Z PC-10 powercords - Qobuz 24 bit Studio

The Netherlands

Messages In This Thread
RE: Would you buy a ‘Next Gen’ Expert Pro? - by kerkhoffd - 27-May-2022, 10:46