Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Please explain the tone controls
Hi Derek,

I'll offer a first comment to get things going.

The configurator screen you have allows you to set the frequency point for the bass and treble controls. So, rather than the bass control acting on a set and unchangeable frequency, the configurator allows you to select the frequency you want to be affected- cut or boost. The same selectability applies for the treble control. Deciding which frequency to affect is something that I think would vary with every speaker. Others will know a lot more than I do. But, for example, the range on an electric bass guitar is about 40 to 400 Hz.

Once you set the frequency, then, on my remote, a quick press of the lower right button brings up bass, treble, balance and then the knob sets the amount of cut or boost for bass or treble, or the side to side setting of the balance. Another short press and you're back to volume.

I don't know the LS50, but perhaps you are looking at 2500 Hz or 3500 Hz for vocals? Just a guess. It would be some time going back and forth between the computer and the amp with the SD card. It could also be that the mid range would come out more if the bass and treble on the LS50's was turned down a bit.

I'm not sure if that helps at all, but the rest of the crew will add the important details, I'm sure.
Damon
Powernode, NAD M32, Cambridge CD transport, Analysis Plus, Nordost, iFi Nova, CSS Criton 1TDX, KEF C62
Vancouver, Canada

Messages In This Thread
RE: Please explain the tone controls - by Damon - 19-Jun-2022, 19:21