Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
250 Expert to 250 Expert Pro – Is It Worth It?
'How much?' is a really hard question to answer. For me, the 120 Expert to 220 Pro CI upgrade was absolutely worth the upgrade cost. That was in 2016 (much to my surprise, I'm getting old).

But I will say that the sound character changed a great deal, and for me, that was a quality improvement. The changes in character are to me, improvements in bass definition and tone, separation and clarity of sounds, which gave even more ease to the music. I'll add again that some owners felt the upgrade diminished the midrange and vocal presence. And that is true if you consider that the other ends of the frequency range have become clearer and more distinct. So, the vocals are now are heard against a much better overall range. The Expert series, in contrast, may have had vocals which were not set against such outstanding overall clarity.

I, and another 440 owner here, received our ProCI upgrades at about the same time, and we both knew within minutes that the change was better and more than we expected.

I'm sure you have spent time on old posts about the upgrade, but check in around the fall of 2016 to see the bulk of the ProCI comments.
Damon
Powernode, NAD M32, Cambridge CD transport, Analysis Plus, Nordost, iFi Nova, CSS Criton 1TDX, KEF C62
Vancouver, Canada

Messages In This Thread
RE: 250 Expert to 250 Expert Pro – Is It Worth It? - by Damon - 21-Jul-2022, 18:43