Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Roon 2.0 with Expert Line featuring
(20-Sep-2022, 19:28)daniel.avasilichioaei Wrote: This is because Devialet Expert looks good and despite the fact that the two companies have not yet managed to solve the RAAT protocol bug from the Gigabit network...

(20-Sep-2022, 20:07)markush Wrote: Yes absolutely! We should write about this on the Roon forum as it’s actually a shame stay still didn’t fix this - but claim to be „cool“ in their official marketing videos with Devialet gear.

And what good will posting on one of the Roon forums do?

I remember when Devialet released the update which gave us RAAT. People started posting here and on Roon's forums about the problem. Roon acknowledged those comments, looked at them, and came back and said that it wasn't a Roon problem, it was a Devialet problem. They also said that they had offered to help Devialet fix it but Devialet refused that offer. It took months for Devialet to even make a comment about the problem and then they said it was theirs but it took them over a year longer to release an update which didn't totally fix it and that's where we're at.

Take a look at the history of software support forthe 2 companies. Roon publicly acknowledges problem reports, investigates, and reports back quickly. It also issues bug fix releases quickly, often within a few days. On the other hand Devialet is slow to publicly acknowledge a problem and much slower to fix it once acknowledged. That's been the case for the 5 years I've had a Devialet and for the 5 years I've been using Roon. Devialet had problems with their AIR driver for years before Roon incorporated streaming to a Devialet in their software and the Roon implementation of Devialet's AIR was bug free. Devialet's own stand alone version remained buggy.

Yes, the problem still remains but Roon have clearly said that it's a Devialet, not a Roon, problem. Devialet have admitted that it's their problem and have never denied Roon's statement that it's not a Roon problem, either in whole or in part. It's a Devialet problem and it's up to Devialet to fix it. Roon have said they offered assistance to Devialet and that Devialet refused that offer.

Go back to when we first got the RAAT update and take a look at the posts about the problem on the Roon forum and on this forum. Those posts back then didn't result in Devialet fixing the problem and there's no reason to expect that more posts now will be any more effective. Devialet have a very poor record on software bug fixes and user complaints about software bugs seem to count for nothing. Posting about this on the Roon forum isn't going to result in a fix for the problem because it's not a Roon problem. If it were a Roon problem it would have been fixed years ago. just take a look at their history when it comes to fixing bugs quickly.

When it comes to software and software support I have nothing but praise for Roon. Yes, they do issue software with bugs, every software firm does, but they acknowledge the bugs when they occur and they fix them fast. Bugs don't last for years without a fix with Roon. That's definitely not the case with Devialet.
Roon Nucleus+, Devilalet Expert 140 Pro CI, Focal Sopra 2, PS Audio P12, Keces P8 LPS, Uptone Audio EtherREGEN with optical fibre link to my router, Shunyata Alpha NR and Sigma NR power cables, Shunyata Sigma ethernet cables, Shunyata Alpha V2 speaker cables, Grand Prix Audio Monaco rack, RealTRAPS acoustic treatment.

Brisbane, Qld, Australia

Messages In This Thread
RE: Roon 2.0 with Expert Line featuring - by David A - 21-Sep-2022, 00:27