Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bookshelf recommendation for Expert Pro 220CI
(06-Nov-2022, 21:34)winiar560 Wrote:
(06-Nov-2022, 21:13)zoran_pavlovic Wrote:
(04-Nov-2022, 21:20)winiar560 Wrote: Hi.
If possible give a try some kef reference 1 ,you might be positively surprised as I am with my expert 1000 pro.

Just a note i also had focal sopra 1 and diablo utopia lll..

Hi @winiar560
many thanks for expressing your opinion. 
Let me ask you, you mentioned that you "had" Sopra 1. 
Are you still running Sopra 1, or you amended them with Kef? 
btw, seems to me my local dealer has that in stock, will go there and give it a try. 
Cheers
Zoran
Hi Zoran

I had sopra 1 first then upgraded to diablo utopia lll but found it actually I've preferred the previously owned sopra 1 to them diablos(they were extremely fast and acurate) but to me lost the magic I had with sopras.

The diablo utopia lll might be a better speakers for some people preffer more this type of sound or possibly own some warmer sounding amplifiers.

Had then decided to sell diablos and found some kef reference 1 at a great price I could not missed.

The kefs sounding lovely with my expert 1000 .
It could be a good test to compare them directly to sopra 1 but I am very happy with the result with kefs so will stay with them for a while longer.

Note that I also had a kef reference 3 floorstanders at some point before and as found them to bass overwhelming my small room so this time went with a standmounts.

Believe me or not the kef reference 1 standmount also still have incredible bass response and caused my room modes amplifying and I wasn't happy at first until ive finally decided to measure my room acoustically and aplied EQ dsp filter in the sweet room which have 90 % resolved the problem.

Hi @winiar560
many thanks for the comprehensive answer. Highly appreciate it and your time. 
You definitely made me interested in this Kef. Especially for, you who had Sopra 1 (which is my favorite so far) and then moved to Kef Reference 1. My room is 7,5m x 4,5 m. Around 34 square meters. At the time being, I have floorstanders, and pretty sure that floorstander will fill the room better than a bookshelf (in other words: Sopra 2 will be a better choice than Sopra 1), but somehow, I don't have a dedicated room for Hi-Fi, and really don't want the speakers to take the spotlight in my living room.
 Smile About the price: on the website of my local dealer the price is around 9.000 euros per pair. Have to call them tomorrow, and check it out. 
BTW, you mentioned that you're satisfied with the bass response, so, what is the size of your room?
Maybe I won't need any subs along Smile 

best 
Zoran
A) Devialet Expert 220 Pro CI, Audioquest NRG-Z3 — B) Pass Labs XA 30.8, Lampizator Amber V4.0, Innuos Pulse, Dynaudio Evoke 50,  Ansuz PowerSwitch X-TC, WireWorld power cables

Messages In This Thread
RE: Bookshelf recommendation for Expert Pro 220CI - by zoran_pavlovic - 06-Nov-2022, 23:44