Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Another Excited New Devialet 200 Owner
'Evening, and welcome. I'm also a new Devialet owner. I have a D120 and bought it about 10 days ago. I'm still surprised at what I hear in the music that I've listened to for three years on my previous little Naim Qute. 

I can't help with the turntable questions, as mine is on a shelf in the basement.... for now, at least. Remember that you can vary the cartridge resistance loading settings with a slider, so you may find that a setting that is much different than the recommended setting works better. I know of someone who had that experience.

I stream files from iTunes, on a recent iMac, to an airport express which has an optical cable to the Devialet. I have not used the AIR system. But we use the Devialet app on an iPhone 4S and an iPad 2; this provides volume, input source etc. (just to be certain that I'm talking about what you are referring to). We've never lost a connection between either remote control and the Dev. And that was definitely not the case with my previous black box streamer. So, I can only say that in my brief experience the connectivity seems very good for the remote control. Even if the pad or phone goes to sleep, the connection has been solid.

I think the power cord is fine, or ordinary. I was told that I can look at alternatives down the road, once the VISA bill has been forgotten. There is discussion about the size of the female end plug, and what will or won't fit under the rear cover. I'm just going to go for something that matches the rug. 

Lots of members here use Windows and NAS systems as well as wireless; I don't think that FLAC will be a problem. I have been told that any wired connection will be better than anything wireless. 

I have no idea about Q5, but this is a very good forum for help and advice. I'm sure you'll get excellent suggestions shortly.
Damon
Powernode, NAD M32, Cambridge CD transport, Analysis Plus, Nordost, iFi Nova, CSS Criton 1TDX, KEF C62
Vancouver, Canada

Messages In This Thread
RE: Another Excited New Devialet 200 Owner - by Damon - 25-Feb-2015, 05:28