Poll: What do you think causes this issue?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Changig Temperatures
0%
0 0%
Physical Damage
0%
0 0%
Total 0 vote(s) 0%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Phantom II - Strange Subwoofer behaviour
(18-Jan-2023, 11:03)ragwo Wrote: I haven't disassembled nor owned a Phantom II, so I'm afraid I can't be of much help. After a bit of searching, you could say that air expands with very roughly 150 mL per liter if you heat it from 10°C to 50°C at sea level. If the internal volume of the speaker is about 3 litres, a really hot Phantom II could have approximately 450 mL more air inside. I don't know if the woofers would withhold the increased pressure, or give away and move outwards like in the picture. Please bare in mind that my calculations are based on a Google search and you have to take them with a bucket of salt.

Hopefully Devialet can give you a proper answer. Please keep us updated!

Many thanks for your detailed reply and calculations! Unfortunately Devialet has not commented yet on what could have caused this and how I can prevent that in the future. I've informed them that my speaker is completely free of any damage and is not used that frequently, I'm excited for their explaination/guess what could have caused this issue. 
So for the temperatures: My flat turns often to 17 degrees C and then I turn on the heater until my flat reaches 20 degrees C, so the temperature swing is quite low from my perspective, thats why I would never have thought this would be an issue if the speaker is standing there. Will keep you updated as soon as Devialet has reached out to me.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Phantom II - Strange Subwoofer behaviour - by PhantomIIowner - 18-Jan-2023, 16:19