Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Losing bass when i crank up the volume
I have felt this happening before and I don't think it's the lack of bass (using 2 x 18" subs). It might just a saturation of the room with so much energy, there's just no distinction between notes anymore.

Do you still feel pressure on your ears?

The other reason could be that your speakers aren't up to the task and just get so bright, the increased treble masks the bass. I've never heard your speakers before, so I can't comment on their quality, but I wouldn't think that's it. That's a problem for lesser quality speakers.
                                                    Lifetime Roon, Mac mini, int. SSD, ext. HDD, tv as monitor, key board and track pad on bean bag as remote,Devialet 200, Od'A #097, Blue jeans speaker cable,                                     
                                                                                                                                                                            Dynaudio C1 MkII.
                                                                                                                                                                              Jim Smith's GBS.
                                                                                                                                                                        Northern NSW Australia.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Losing bass when i crank up the volume - by Pim - 30-Jan-2023, 01:39