Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Expert Pro Turns On Unexpectedly
(14-Mar-2023, 10:35)David A Wrote: Roon can turn a  Devialet Pro on via an ethernet connection but I would make 3 comments about that:

1- the only time I'm aware that Roon turns my Devialet on is if I ask Roon to stream some music to my Devialet and the Devialet is turned off when I ask Roon to stream the music. I don't know if Roon can turn the Devialet on at other times and I may be wrong about this but I don't think it can.

2- Roon's ability to turn the Devialet on comes from the fact that the Roon connection is a network connection which means that there is 2 way communication between Roon and the Devialet. Ethernet is not the only network connection available to the Devialet, there is also wifi. I think Roon can turn on the Devialet when it tries to stream music to the Devialet whatever the network connection is. It can do it whether the connection is via AIR or via RAAT and I think it can do it whether the Devialet is connected to the network via ethernet or via wifi.

3- the Expert Pro also accepts network connections via Airplay, UPNP, and Spotify streams. I don't know whether it's possible for a Devialet to be turned on as a result of activity on one of those connections. Roon can connect to the Expert Pro by Airplay so it may also be able tu turn the Expert Pro on via Airplay as well.

You did not say if you uss Roon. If you do then one thing you should try doing is going into Roon's audio settings menu and turning off all audio output options you don't use. The Devialet options in the Audio Settings menu appear under different headings such as Roon Ready, Roon Tested, and so on. Scroll down through them and turn off any options which aren't being used

The Expert Pro has a Trigger In connection which allows another device to turn it on. If the Exoert Pro is connected to another device via a trigger cable, that device may be turning the Expert Pro on.

Finally the problem may be triggered by a brief power outage to the home. If the Expert Pro is turned off but the power connection from the wall is turned on, then turning the power off at the wall and then back on will trigger the Expert Pro to turn on. If the wall power is lost due to a power outage and then restored, the Expert Pro will turn on. Check whether the problem is being caused by occasional brief power outages.

You raised the possibility of someone using a comparable remote nearby. I've never had that problem with my Expert Pro but I have had it with my air conditioner's control panel which uses a wifi connection to my network and it drove me crazy for some weeks until a service technician thought of that possibility and changed the wifi channel that my control panel used. The standard Devialet remote needs to be paired with the Expert Pro so I would think that someone else nearby using another Devialet would probably not be turning your Expert Pro on accidentally when turning his amp on. I don't know what range the remote can operate over but I think there's a pretty good reason to reject this possibility. If your amp is only turning on unexpectedly occasionally and it always occurs late at night, then if someone else's remote is triggering the turn on that person must only be listening to music late at night and only very occasionally. That does not sound like usual music listening behaviour. I would expect the amp to turn on more often and also at other times as well if soneone else's remote is triggering the turn on.

I hope there's something in the above comments to help.

Messages In This Thread
Expert Pro Turns On Unexpectedly - by jfddoc - 13-Mar-2023, 21:52
RE: Expert Pro Turns On Unexpectedly - by Pim - 14-Mar-2023, 07:12
RE: Expert Pro Turns On Unexpectedly - by kyrmia - 14-Mar-2023, 16:41
RE: Expert Pro Turns On Unexpectedly - by Ron - 18-Mar-2023, 15:00
RE: Expert Pro Turns On Unexpectedly - by Pim - 19-Mar-2023, 02:32
RE: Expert Pro Turns On Unexpectedly - by Ron - 19-Mar-2023, 10:50
RE: Expert Pro Turns On Unexpectedly - by Ron - 20-Mar-2023, 18:23
RE: Expert Pro Turns On Unexpectedly - by Axel - 21-Mar-2023, 09:26
RE: Expert Pro Turns On Unexpectedly - by Axel - 22-Mar-2023, 11:07
RE: Expert Pro Turns On Unexpectedly - by Axel - 23-Mar-2023, 08:49
RE: Expert Pro Turns On Unexpectedly - by Muck - 23-Mar-2023, 23:14