Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Expert Pro Turns On Unexpectedly
@Jean-Marie

Interesting.

My only source is Roon RAAT. I don't use AirPlay and while I do have an Apple TV it is in another room and connected to a different system. As I reported in post #17 above, I tried using my Apple TV remote in the room where my 140 Pro is andI could not make the 140 Pro turn on but, of course, my 140 Pro was switched to Roon RAAT before I had turned it off.

After reading your post I repeated my experiment again. First I tried again with the 140 Pro turned off while switched to Roon RAAT. Same result as last time. Then I turned the 140 Pro on, switched to AirPlay, turned it off and once again tried pressing all buttons on my Apple TV remote. Once again the amp did not turn on.

Then I realised that I always turn my amp off with a long press on its remote power button. I turned the amp on again and turned it off with a short press of the remote button while switched to Roon RAAT. It did not turn on or respond to any button of my Apple TV remote. I turned the amp on again, switched to Airplay, and turned it off with a short press. I repeated the test trying every button on my Apple TV remote. Once again my amp did not turn on.

So, whether my amp is switched to Roon RAAT or AirPlay and whether it is turned off with a short or a long press on my Devialet Remote, my amp fails to turn on when I use my Apple TV remote, no matter what button I press on the Apple TV remote.

I can not duplicate your experience.

I wondered previously if there was some pairing issue involved but checking the original post and your post I will now raise another possibility. I have a 140 Pro. You and the original poster have 220 Pros. Is this problem specific to the 220?

If there are others reading this who have an Apple TV can they try repeating my experiment and report their results together with which model Expert Pro they have. Their reports may confirm whether this problem occurs with all model Expert Pros or only one or two models.
Roon Nucleus+, Devilalet Expert 140 Pro CI, Focal Sopra 2, PS Audio P12, Keces P8 LPS, Uptone Audio EtherREGEN with optical fibre link to my router, Shunyata Alpha NR and Sigma NR power cables, Shunyata Sigma ethernet cables, Shunyata Alpha V2 speaker cables, Grand Prix Audio Monaco rack, RealTRAPS acoustic treatment.

Brisbane, Qld, Australia

Messages In This Thread
Expert Pro Turns On Unexpectedly - by jfddoc - 13-Mar-2023, 21:52
RE: Expert Pro Turns On Unexpectedly - by Pim - 14-Mar-2023, 07:12
RE: Expert Pro Turns On Unexpectedly - by Ron - 18-Mar-2023, 15:00
RE: Expert Pro Turns On Unexpectedly - by Pim - 19-Mar-2023, 02:32
RE: Expert Pro Turns On Unexpectedly - by Ron - 19-Mar-2023, 10:50
RE: Expert Pro Turns On Unexpectedly - by Ron - 20-Mar-2023, 18:23
RE: Expert Pro Turns On Unexpectedly - by Axel - 21-Mar-2023, 09:26
RE: Expert Pro Turns On Unexpectedly - by Axel - 22-Mar-2023, 11:07
RE: Expert Pro Turns On Unexpectedly - by Axel - 23-Mar-2023, 08:49
RE: Expert Pro Turns On Unexpectedly - by Muck - 23-Mar-2023, 23:14