Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
All in One From Cocktail Audio - Focus on its Streaming ability
Afternoon all,

Just to be open about it, I work for the UK distributor for Cocktail Audio or NOVAFiDELITY (as it is now known in the UK). I've called out the major differences between the Cocktail Audio X30 and NOVAFiDELITY X40 below there is more info on our site: www.novafidelity.co.uk or the manufacturer's site cocktailaudio.com

FYI all new products (X40 / X12) have been released under the NOVAFiDELITY brand in the UK. The X30 was released before the brand name change hence it's still a CA unit. The X30 also got 5* from HiFi world, 4.5* recommended from HiFi Choice as well as a number of other positive reviews so worth checking out a few and making your own mind up.

Key differences between the X30 and X40 are as follows:

1) X40 does not have an amp / X30 has a 100W TI stereo digital Amp
2) X40 has the Sabre32 Reference DAC / X30 has a burr brown DAC
3) X40 has balanced (XLR) analogue outputs
4) X40 has a toroidal power supply
5) The X30 can record and play hi-res files (24bit), while the X40 also supports a full range of hi-res formats (DXD, DSD64, DSD128, PCM up to 32bit/384kHz etc. )
6) The X40 has a moving magnet pre-amp phono input, so you can connect and record from a Vinyl deck without the need for an external pre-amp.

They both have a similar features set when it comes to the software, i.e. they rip CDs (with album info and artwork), store/play music, record (with up to 192kHz sampling rate) stream to and from other devices via UPnP, work with a host of UPnP apps, have internet radio, FM radio, a web interface for controlling from a PC, etc.

Thanks

Messages In This Thread
RE: All in One From Cocktail Audio - Focus on its Streaming ability - by phucbv - 27-Feb-2015, 18:07