Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
All in One From Cocktail Audio - Focus on its Streaming ability
Hello, this is my very first post on Devchat. (Am an owner of a Dev200 for a couple of months now [details in signature]. My former main system was with a Musical Fidelity M6i amp, an Eastern Electric Minimax Supreme DAC modified with Burson Opamps Supreme of 4th generation, and a basic Marantz CD5004 used as cd transport - now relegated to 2nd system in the bedroom, with some Focal Elektra Be907 speakers.)

I would also be very interested to read about anyone who compared the sounds of the different cocktail audio products, with their various digital outputs (incl. the AES/EBU, Coax, and USB), into a devialet, ignoring their other functions (DAC, small amplifier or preamp, etc.) which are rather irrelevant to Devialet-based systems... I mean the X12, X30 and X40, but also the new X100 launched by the UK distributor of Cocktail Audio (which does only the USB output, and does completely away with DAC and amplifier functions)...

Extra question:
If anyone already started using that new X100 seriously, I would be also curious about how it really manages the ripping and metadata tagging (as it claims to use now an own database that would be better than FreDB, but am wary of marketing claims)...

The advantage I perceive, for own purposes (still many hundreds of CDs to rip) being, that these devices from Cocktail Audio all include what seems to be easy CD ripping, while costing an equivalent price to respective Auralic devices for example. But how do they sound compared to e.g. an Auralic Mini, or an Auralic Aries LE, or Auralic Aries Femto...?
Main System: B&W Nautilus 804 - Devialet 200 - Devialet AIR on Ethernet/Wifi + USB for the DSD files - a Windows 7 netbook with Foobar2000 [and also a 5.1 system connected to the Devialet pass-thru, for the blu-ray films...]

Second system: Focal Electra 907 Be - Musical Fidelity M6i - Eastern Electric Minimax Supreme DAC (with Bursons Opamps) - Marantz CD5004

Messages In This Thread
RE: All in One From Cocktail Audio - Focus on its Streaming ability - by lueneburg-dev - 08-Jun-2016, 16:19