Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
All in One From Cocktail Audio - Focus on its Streaming ability
CD ripping is painful but would help keep options open with data available on your HDD so you have many options out there to send bits to the Dev.

I bought dbpoweramp too for ripping my collection and occasionally buy from HD sites. Your idea on dbpoweramp is good. There are CD ripping threads on this forum where folks have used different techniques. Check them out for ideas.

Coming back to streaming, @mdconnelly, I too agree Smile .... Along came "Roon" and everything is so easy and sorted. I currently use MacBook + AIR3 + Roon for streaming bits from NAS to Dev. However my next buy is NUC with good local SSD storage (~1TB or more) so the computer need not have NAS called into service in sending bits over ETH/WIFI instead all music files are local to the Computer ( NUC, and other machines)
Rock OS (Roon) on NUC 2016 Model (ETH Wired to Router) > Cat8 from Router to switch to 220Pro (CI) > RAAT/AIR > Monitor Audio PL300 II
Ipad Mini 4/iPhone for Roon Remote"

Messages In This Thread
RE: All in One From Cocktail Audio - Focus on its Streaming ability - by Jnan_devi - 10-Jun-2016, 07:34