Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Phantom II Stereo issues - Wifi, plz help
(06-Sep-2023, 18:02)Hawkman Wrote: I have had similar issues, though for the most part it's pretty stable. I set my speakers to have static IP addresses and both being on the same 5GHz Radio 1 band in my modem (Bell 3000).
I received the following from Devialet, "Devialet OS, and Phantom speakers, for performance reasons, will only communicate with devices that are on the same WiFi frequency (band) as they are on - even if the different frequencies are under the same SSID. Because of this, if you wish to use WiFi, you will need to split one of these WiFi bands from the current SSID, and provide it with its own unique name and password. This way you'll have set up a dedicated single-band connection for them. When on this WiFi connection, you will not lose the speakers, and the sound quality should also improve noticeably."
Hope this helps.

While this does make the issue better, it still does not prevent me from having to reset these speakers every few weeks.
Unacceptable for such expensive speakers.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Phantom II Stereo issues - Wifi, plz help - by nautilus007 - 26-Sep-2023, 19:18