Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Phantom II Stereo issues - Wifi, plz help
I got a pair of the Phantom II 98's a week ago, connected them in stereo mode and they worked great the first day. The next day, when I tried playing music on the stereo pair, it was only playing from one of them. I tried restarting them multiple times and resetting them as a pair to no avail. I have a TP-Link Deco mesh network with 3 routers at my house, and the speakers are connected via WiFi (no ethernet ports nearby). After reading this thread, below are the things that I tried together, and since then the Phantoms have been working great in stereo mode, although it's been less than a week.

1. I disabled "Mesh Technology" to prevent them from roaming between the Deco routers, then set it to always connect to a specific nearby router and set it to the 5 GHz band as well (per Devialet recommendations online). I remembered having similar random connectivity issues with my smart switches after I installed the mesh network, and this solution worked for them as well.
2. Both the Phantoms are connected to the same surge protector
3. After disconnecting the stereo pair, I connected the two speakers via an ethernet cable. Then connected them as a stereo pair.

Hope this helps someone. I'll update here if I still run into any more stereo issues.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Phantom II Stereo issues - Wifi, plz help - by Backstage6227 - 26-Mar-2024, 05:02