Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
1000 Pro with SAM (Dynaudio Focus 360)
(06-Jun-2023, 16:17)Redwingnine Wrote:
(06-Jun-2023, 16:06)audio_engr Wrote: I use 440-Pro and tried SAM for my speakers that I did not like. It just made the sound very un-natural and electronic hence for the last 3-4 years, have always preferred as SAM OFF. I do use a pair of subs with my 2-ch speakers therefore the combo of fullrange floorstanders + pair of subs together is just amazing without any additional electronic help from the Devialet. 

However, I have DPM set to OFF that I find improves reproduction esp. the dynamics.
Interesting.  Perhaps SAM is speaker dependent as to performance?   A few years back, tried SAM with a pair of ATC SCM-19 V1, and did not care for it at all.  Worked just as you described. 

However, with the Dynaaudio 360's, the improvement is remarkable.  Sounds very natural.  In fact, it makes the playback sound more natural, not less.  Maybe SAM integrates better with larger three way floor standing speakers as opposed to monitors?  Since it only impacts below 200 Hz, could see where that would make some sense.  It would not impact the midrange driver of the three way, but would impact the monitor driver.

Nope. It's not the size / type of the speakers. I had Contour 60's. The higher the class of the system - the easier to hear the DSP "artifacts".
Devialet Expert 440 Pro | Dynaudio Confidence 50 | 2x SVS SB16-Ultra
Anthem MRX 720 | Dynaudio Excite X28 | Dynaudio Emit M20
LG OLED 77 CX | LG OLED 65 C7

Messages In This Thread
RE: 1000 Pro with SAM (Dynaudio Focus 360) - by Delija - 06-Jun-2023, 22:55