Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[UPDATE: Solution] Horrible experience with Devialet Repair Service
Happy to hear it! I've dealt with Sebastian in the past as well.

Speaking of keeping Phantoms in pristine cosmetic condition and accidentally marking them, I recently did the same thing to a brand new pair of Phantom I Golds in the matte finish (which I love BTW). This finish, I discovered, is particularly sensitive to dirt and stains. I was walking past one of the Phantoms carrying a cardboard box which was dirty when it arrived from the courier. I accidently lightly brushed the box against one of the woofers, leaving a black mark on that beautiful matte white finish. Ugh! Horror. It wouldn't wipe away with a dampened microfiber cloth, or a dampened microfiber cloth with liquid soap. Hmm. Long story short I did some research on the Devialet site which recommended using windshield wiper fluid! Upon more research I found that windshield wiper fluid is ethanol based. With a fair bit of trepidation I attempted to clean again using a microfiber cloth. It took some elbow grease but finally worked.

This only works on the matte finish. DO NOT try this on the glossy finish.

https://help.devialet.com/hc/en-us/artic...et-product-

Cheers. Enjoy the music.
2 Channel Power / Signal Path: APC H15 → Mistral Audio W-3900 → Custom Roon Server → Silent Angel Bonn N8 → Silent Angel Forester F1 → miniDSP SHD Studio → Mutec MC-3+ USB → Devialet Phantom I 108dB

Headphone iFi Audio iDSD Signature → Grado GS1000i

Messages In This Thread
RE: Horrible experience with Devialet Repair Service - by supaDean - 29-Jun-2023, 14:47