Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Transformer hum caused by Devialets?
(11-Jan-2024, 04:30)audio_engr Wrote: Hello Digant,

That is really strange as I too possess the Puritan PSM156 but I use the Puritan to power my 2 x REL subwoofers. For my 440-Pro-CI Devialet, I tried
- Audioquest Niagara 5000
- Shunyata Denali
- PS Audio P12

And settled in for the PS Audio P12 (US ver) that has 2 x High-Current outlets hence they're for my 440-Pro.

I've had no issues using this arrangement since 2018. 

I also use Puritan Ground Master with 2 x 8-Ft copper rods into the earth as a dedicated Audio Earth. And also, the Puritan Route Master hooked to the Ground Master whereby I have dedicated earth wires to every audio component I use. The PS Audio P12 is also hooked to the Puritan Ground Master.  

The net result after getting the Puritan Ground Master + Route Master is that the sonic background is Jet Black ... and low-level sonic are just brilliant. I'm a classical genre listener and Puritan really helped me tremendously and was totally a 'bang for the buck' that other brands like Synergistic Audio would have cost me much-much more.

- Arup

Thank you for the hint! That sounds like an impressive power supply installation.
But our problem is slightly different. As I already wrote, it's not about filter technologies such as the Puritan. And I had a Puritan in use - switching on the Devialet caused a transformer to hum through the Puritan's filters!
By the way - my friend was happy with his PS Audio 15 for a long time and has now sold it to finance the Audes transformer. It seems to have improved the sound for him too.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Transformer hum caused by Devialets? - by Digant - 15-Jan-2024, 23:15