Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is the Devialet not just an amp?
(08-Mar-2015, 07:02)gray Wrote: Womaz,

The good news is that you don't have to be fiddling with re-configuration, installing up-dates, etc all the time.

Once you have your D200 configured to your personal specs it is all plain sailing from there.

One problem that I see in your set-up is that you need digital 1 and 2 inputs configured as pre-amplified outs for your headphones, and then you also need what could be digital 3 and 4 inputs configured as phono inputs for your CliC. This leaves no spare RCA digital inputs available. So where do you plug in your disc player?

I suppose that you could use the optical input but this is handy for connecting your TV.

I guess that this is one of the big advantages of going dual mono - it almost doubles your connectivity options.

One other thing that you should be aware of is that the D200 is (maybe, perhaps) at, or approaching, the half way point of it's life cycle before a hardware upgrade becomes available. This could require an extra (perhaps considerable) expense.

The hardware upgrade will almost surely be required for owners to stay on the regular software/firmware up-dates path.

Thanks for taking time to reply. Can you just explain what you mean about a hardware upgrade and a major further expense. One the reasons I am considering the 200 , is the software upgrades and further improvements.
Devialet 200 -- Roon Nucleus-- Sonus Faber Olympica 2 -- Tellurium Q Black Speaker Cables --
Chord Qutest -- Niimbus US5 Pro Headphone amp —HifiMan HEK, Abyss 1266TC
Newcastle upon Tyne, England

Messages In This Thread
Is the Devialet not just an amp? - by Womaz - 02-Mar-2015, 18:28
RE: Is the Devialet not just an amp? - by Jayr - 02-Mar-2015, 19:29
RE: Is the Devialet not just an amp? - by Pim - 02-Mar-2015, 23:44
RE: Is the Devialet not just an amp? - by Pim - 03-Mar-2015, 14:20
RE: Is the Devialet not just an amp? - by Pim - 03-Mar-2015, 19:03
RE: Is the Devialet not just an amp? - by Pim - 04-Mar-2015, 00:21
RE: Is the Devialet not just an amp? - by Pim - 04-Mar-2015, 14:19
RE: Is the Devialet not just an amp? - by gray - 08-Mar-2015, 07:02
RE: Is the Devialet not just an amp? - by Womaz - 08-Mar-2015, 10:44