Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Power supply noise - standby & when turned off
(02-May-2015, 07:58)runlonger Wrote: Hi

We have discussed this topic in a previous thread:
http://devialetchat.com/showthread.php?tid=444&page=3

In the meantime I've heard nothing back from Devialet and I had the opportunity to hear 4 additional Devialets: two 200 (purchased in 2015), one 120 (purchased in 2015) and an old non-upgraded D-Premier (from ?). They all have it, the D-Premier was the worst. I have yet to see a completely silent Devialet in person. Until I do, I do not really believe they exist anymore or have ever existed. Maybe there was once a series of perfect power supplies, but not anymore.

I have also another theory. Some people simply are not able to hear it as I've experienced it with a friend, while I clearly did. So I'm certainly more sensitive.

There is nothing you can do about the noise except unplugging your Devialet...

I have a 250 upgraded from D-Premier. Completely silent before and after upgrade. The amps should be silent. What Devialet says on their help pages is bs written to avoid taking back a lot of amplifiers to fix the noise. Pity none of the reviewers have had this problem with their test samples and commented on it. I guess Devialet checks the units before shipping them off to reviewers. I would return the noisy unit to my dealer and ask for a replacement.
Devialetless!
Roon, ROCK/Audiolense XO/Music on NAS/EtherRegen/RoPieee/USPCB/ISORegen/USPCB/Sound Devices USBPre2/Tannoy GOLD 8
250 Pro CI, MicroRendu(1.4), Mutec MC-3+USB

Messages In This Thread
RE: Power supply noise - standby & when turned off - by ogs - 02-May-2015, 09:33