Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Was the D-Premier upgrade a waste of money?
(15-Mar-2015, 10:16)IanG-UK Wrote: ... of course, you could pose the equivalent question "was the D-Premier so good that it was pointless to upgrade?"

Before I did the upgrade I had a demo of a D-Premier and a D-250 side to side on a Wilson Audio Sophia system (newest type) at my reseller. The D-250 was the clear winner for me (more musical, better focus, better Soundstage, less grainy in the trebles; Air sounding better via ethernet on the D-250 than via WiFi on the D-Premier). 

I've never regretted the upgrade. With the D-Premier I had a lot of problems with (WiFi-)Air (white noise, hiccups). With the D-250 amp Air via ethernet is playing very well in my setup. No issues here. I don't use SAM. Only 11 votes for my LSs till now. I doubt if I will ever be able to use SAM on my Dynaudio Sapphires. The limited edition of the model (1000 pairs worldwide) is sold out. 
■ Devialet 1000 Pro & Roon Lifetime ■ Dynaudio Sapphire ■ Streacom fanless HTPC-SSD (W8.1) ■ Sonos  Connect (+Magna Ultimo mod) ■ Qobuz Studio  Qnap TS 219 P II ■ v.d. Hul The Revolution LS cables ■ PS Audio Quintet ■ picture: Sony VPL-HW65ES & LG-OLED65C9
Amsterdam NL

Messages In This Thread
RE: Was the D-Premier upgrade a waste of money? - by Charlemagne - 15-Mar-2015, 13:57