Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Am i doing something wrong?
Is the Configurater buggy?

I have managed to set up so i can have my headphone amp running through the pre outs, but every time I turn the 200 off at the wall, when I out it back on the amp stops working correctly. The headphones still have the music coming through them, but when I mute the speakers, the headphone mutes too.

How can this happen? Is it just me having this problem.....any help greatly appreciated as at present I am having to reconfigure it all again just to listen to the headphones.

Its a good job this bloody Devialet sounds so amazing Smile Smile Smile
Devialet 200 -- Roon Nucleus-- Sonus Faber Olympica 2 -- Tellurium Q Black Speaker Cables --
Chord Qutest -- Niimbus US5 Pro Headphone amp —HifiMan HEK, Abyss 1266TC
Newcastle upon Tyne, England
(11-Mar-2015, 23:23)Womaz Wrote: Is the Configurater buggy?

I have managed to set up so i can have my headphone amp running through the pre outs, but every time I turn the 200 off at the wall, when I out it back on the amp stops working correctly. The headphones still have the music coming through them, but when I mute the speakers, the headphone mutes too.

How can this happen? Is it just me having this problem.....any help greatly appreciated as at present I am having to reconfigure it all again just to listen to the headphones.

Its a good job this bloody Devialet sounds so amazing  Smile  Smile  Smile

This might be a silly question (sorry!), but you are leaving the SD card with your custom configuration in the amplifier aren't you?  If you take it out, the amplifier will revert to the default configuration when you power-cycle it.

There are some known bugs in the configurator but most of them seem to be to do with dual-mono configurations so they shouldn't cause problems for a single 200.
Roon (Mac Mini), Wilson Benesch Full Circle, Expert 1000 Pro CI, Kaiser Chiara
Warwickshire, UK
(11-Mar-2015, 23:32)thumb5 Wrote:
(11-Mar-2015, 23:23)Womaz Wrote: Is the Configurater buggy?

Its a good job this bloody Devialet sounds so amazing  Smile  Smile  Smile

This might be a silly question (sorry!), but you are leaving the SD card with your custom configuration in the amplifier aren't you?  If you take it out, the amplifier will revert to the default configuration when you power-cycle it.

There are some known bugs in the configurator but most of them seem to be to do with dual-mono configurations so they shouldn't cause problems for a single 200.

Yes I am leaving it in. After the headphones dont work though i do take it out and put it back in again, but that shouldnt make a difference.
Devialet 200 -- Roon Nucleus-- Sonus Faber Olympica 2 -- Tellurium Q Black Speaker Cables --
When you put the SD card back in the amp should re-read the configuration. Does that make it work properly, or are you having to download the configuration from the on-line configurator onto the SD card again every time? It does sound a bit odd.
Warwickshire, UK
When I put it back in the correct name comes up for the configuration, but the headphones mute as well as the speakers. Happened two nights running. So yes I am having to download it to the configurator every time. Then next night the same thing happens. Has me baffled.
I get angry with my 200, I glare at it and it knows it is vexing me so it then rings out the most beautiful sound I have ever heard and we are friends again. Smile Smile Smile
Ok I have redone the configurator again, and its working fine again.Lets see what happens tomorrow.

Thanks for your input once again
Why are you turning it off at the wall? Mine re left on standby all the time and I think the power usage is minimal.
UK kit - Technics SP10 - Technics EPA-501  - AT33SA - NUC5i3 - W10 - Roonserver - Roon AIR - Devialet 1000 Pro CI - Blue Jeans Speaker Cable (0.5 metre each side) - Magico S5

Spain kit - NUC7i5 - W10  - Roonserver - Roon AIR - Devialet D250 Pro CI - Blue Jeans Speaker Cable - Ergo IX speakers
All the hifi equipment is plugged into a dedicated adapter, always turned them off. should not make a difference though?
I honestly can't understand how downloading the same configuration onto the SD card from the on-line configurator can make any difference.  Maybe there's something else going on.

Something slightly odd happens occasionally when I power up my 200 when the pre-outs are configured as outputs; under some circumstances they are left as inputs (which in your set-up would mute the headphones, in mine it mutes my sub-woofer).  This might be some kind of safety mechanism, I don't know.  Resetting the amp using the front panel button sorted it for me.

The process is a little fiddly and I can't exactly remember off the top of my head how to do it.  It goes something like: press the front-panel button to put the amp in standby, release it, and then press it and hold it down.  You should see a short count-down after which it will reset itself.
Warwickshire, UK