Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Initial Questions from New D200 Owner...
(22-Mar-2015, 03:54)boba2013 Wrote: Hi, I have as well, just upgraded from a D120, (had for 5 months), to the D200 which has been running for about 24 hours from set up. So, a newbie to the 200!

I have a LINN Majic DSM acting in Streamer only mode to feed my Synology based, ripped music, Tidal and range of Internet radio stations, (must flag Radio Paradise as one of the best). The other source is the DV137 SACD player from ARCAM. Sources are connected via Siltech Silver/Gold Anniversary COAX interconnects to the D200. 

The 92dB sensitive Speakers are driven via Siltech's 2.5M Silver/Gold Anniversary. Their custom build using SEAS Exotic drivers, (T35 and W8), with cross-overs built with Duelund Resisters, Mundorf Inductors and Caps. All wiring is Silver in the speakers.

The original Amp was an Italian Quad 300B tube based from MasterSound so moving to SS was originally felt as a bit of a gamble. Not only was it not a gamble, the move has met and exceeded my expectations. I was worried that with all the silver in my cables, I would be looking to replace them with copper cabling but that worry has been abated!

As others have experienced with the upgrade at first, is felt as a loss of the sweetness of the broken-in D120 but even with only 24 hours on the D200, I can hear not only some of that coming back but with it, an increased body and clarity that promises to offer a lot of smiles in the next few years.

I have a UK built sub, (MJ Acoustics Reference 200) and have left/right channels feeding it via the pre-outs at 100Hz, 2nd level cross-over. 

Room conditioning is basic but functional so I feel I know if I am hearing what I want from the system with minimal room effects. 

To say I can't wait to grab another album from Tidal or from the library and listen to a cut here or there is the truth. An eclectic mix would have me grab K. D. Lang, or the Stones, or Cat Stevens at 24 bit/192kHz, or Van Morrison, Doors, or even that cut that separates the boys from the men in respect to vocals and instrument clarity, Nils Lofgren's, Keith Don't Go!

I am already planning to add a second D200 even though I may decide later to not go that route, (heavens knows, the speakers don't need that power), I know that my audiophile objectives have been sated! How much better can it get!

I don't want to give the impression that I really know audio playback so well that I can tell the difference between one excellent system vs another. What I do know is that biting the bullet to go Devialet at first, then upgrade to the D200 has been a no risk adventure and the payback is extraordinary music!

My main source is via the LINN Majic DSM acting as a Streamer so am using the LINN Kazoo on my iPad for music source control, using the Devialet volume controller. I have not got Air running yet but have time to add that later.

I am definitely, an elder Devialet fanboy! I can only hope my ears will continue to allow me to appreciate what I have over the next 10 to 15 years. Simpy fantastic.

Al little Mike Oldfield or Pink Floyd anyone  Smile

Cheers

Bob
I have a LINN DS-I myself. How did you connect it to the Devialet? TOSLINK or SPDIF?

Messages In This Thread
RE: Initial Questions from New D200 Owner... - by Juerg123 - 29-Mar-2015, 13:15