Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Phantom vs Devialet 120 plus Audio Physic 25+ (german)
I have had Silver Phantoms since March. I can compare them with Goldmund Epilog 1&2 speakers, the best I have heard, and Tune Audio Animas, my preferred horns.
They are very close, and some may well prefer the Phantoms. I would say what they lose in having more modest drive units they gain back by not having a rectangular box with spaced drive units. They also have almost zero cabinet talk, which very few speakers achieve IME unless very, very much more expensive than the Phantoms.

Overall my only criticism is that they are less versatile than my Devialet 800 system, since I use a turntable and do not subscribe to either Deezer or Qobuz.

Their sound is clear without harshness and the bass is much cleaner and less boomy or cabinet-coloured than the vast majority of speakers I have heard.
Devialet Original d'Atelier 44 Core, Job Pre/225, Goldmund PH2, Goldmund Reference/T3f /Ortofon A90, Goldmund Mimesis 36+ & Chord Blu, iMac/Air, Lynx Theta, Tune Audio Anima, Goldmund Epilog 1&2, REL Studio. Dialog, Silver Phantoms, Branch stands, copper cables (mainly).
Oxfordshire

Messages In This Thread
RE: Phantom vs Devialet 120 plus Audio Physic 25+ (german) - by f1eng - 15-May-2015, 16:15