Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Most effective tweak so far
Hi guys...

Today, after couple of hours work, I had an electrician lay a dedicated power cable to my listening room. 

Now the system has its own fuse, a regular 20amp Siemens, and 10 m long Neothech NEP 3200 feeding the Torus Isolation Transformer directly.

It is like listening to a whole different system now. 

If you have the chance to do something like this, strongly recommended. This is by far the best money I spent on my system.

The cable is not cheap, and I really cannot comment whether it is the best option since I did not have the chance to try anything else. 

Explanation from vhaudio:

The Neotech NEP-3200 is a 9AWG UP-OCC (ohno continuous cast) Copper AC power cable, that uses 16 solid copper wires that are each 17 AWG. Each of these solid core wires is individually insulated with FEP (fluoropolymer) insulation. Each wire is woven around a fiber-filled PVC core to maintain structural integrity, and minimize conductor movement. The Neotech NEP-3200 is among the best bulk cables on the market, and is especially ideal for high current amplifiers, as well as feeding power strips or line conditioners. Use the 6 red color-coded conductors for 'hot', 6 blue conductors for 'neutral', and 4 black conductors for the 'safety ground'. Total O.D. is .614" (15.6mm).

Cheers...
Kii Three, dCS Network Bridge, Roon Nucleus, Kuzma (Stabi S, 4Point), Soundsmith StrainGauge, Stromtank, Echole Cables 
Istanbul, Turkey
(24-Mar-2015, 21:32)Kunter Wrote: Hi guys...

Today, after couple of hours work, I had an electrician lay a dedicated power cable to my listening room. 

Now the system has its own fuse, a regular 20amp Siemens, and 10 m long Neothech NEP 3200 feeding the Torus Isolation Transformer directly.

If you have the chance to do something like this, strongly recommended. This is by far the best money I spent on my system.

The cable is not cheap, and I really cannot comment whether it is the best option since I did not have the chance to try anything else. 

The Neotech NEP-3200 is a 9AWG UP-OCC (ohno continuous cast) Copper AC power cable, that uses 16 solid copper wires that are each 17 AWG. Each of these solid core wires is individually insulated with FEP (fluoropolymer) insulation. Each wire is woven around a fiber-filled PVC core to maintain structural integrity, and minimize conductor movement. The Neotech NEP-3200 is among the best bulk cables on the market, and is especially ideal for high current amplifiers, as well as feeding power strips or line conditioners. Use the 6 red color-coded conductors for 'hot', 6 blue conductors for 'neutral', and 4 black conductors for the 'safety ground'. Total O.D. is .614" (15.6mm).

Cheers...
Welcome to the world of dedicated power cable and fuse. Even the TV got better in terms of clarity, contrast and colors and what it did to the system was even better.

Enjoy/Mike
Ex D400 Now Aavik U-300/Feickert Woodpecker2-Kuzma 4P-Kondo silver-Benz LPS-Teddy Pardo PSU/Naim Unitiserve-Teddy Pardo PSU/SF Guarneri Homage/Whole system decoupled by Ansuz DTC/Cables from Ansuz, DYI and other commercial/Dedicated mains and spur-Lampizator SILK
Thanks Mike... Loving it so far...
Are you using those audiophile circuit breakers? Any recomendation?
Kii Three, dCS Network Bridge, Roon Nucleus, Kuzma (Stabi S, 4Point), Soundsmith StrainGauge, Stromtank, Echole Cables 
Istanbul, Turkey
I also would like to know more !

Do you run a separate cable from outside meter to your separate audiophile panel ?
Thus two panels in total: an old household panel and a separate audiophile panel ?
or you run a cable directly from your household panel ?
Any brands?
Learning...
Before: Le200, KEF LS50, AQ Type4, NUC 5i5RYH/8GB/128GB M.2SSD, Roon, Win8.1/AIR2.1.3/RoonBridge, MM/AIR3/RoonBridge, QNAP TS-212P 5TB NAS, AQ NRG-X3

Now: KEF LS50W, NUC5i5RYH/8GB/128GB M.2SSD, Roon, QNAP TS-212P 5TB NAS,iFi iSilencer3.0+DC iPurifier+iPurifier2, Sonos ZP80+SPDIF iPurifier

(24-Mar-2015, 23:03)Kunter Wrote: Thanks Mike... Loving it so far...
Are you using those audiophile circuit breakers? Any recomendation?

If this is audiophile or not I don't know but it is intended for music and cinema systems: http://www.dienadel.de/AHP+Klangmodul+II...det,i6.htm
I run 8 meters of Audience Conductor AC between fuse and receptacle.

/Mike
Ex D400 Now Aavik U-300/Feickert Woodpecker2-Kuzma 4P-Kondo silver-Benz LPS-Teddy Pardo PSU/Naim Unitiserve-Teddy Pardo PSU/SF Guarneri Homage/Whole system decoupled by Ansuz DTC/Cables from Ansuz, DYI and other commercial/Dedicated mains and spur-Lampizator SILK

Cheers...

I confirm
Linn LP12 Sondek + Radikal + Urika + Ekos II + EMT HSD006 - roon nucleus + SBooster - Devialet 220 Pro CI - Kef LS50 - Dspeaker Antimode 8033s II + SBooster - Kef KF92 Subwoofer

Bavaria

Cheers...

I use bog standard 6mm Twin & Earth wiring and have 8 dedicated mains spurs feeding my hi-fi (each Devialet unit sits on its own circuit). These all connect back to a dedicated hi-fi consumer unit which is completely separate from the house electrics. Each circuit has it's own RCD circuit breaker. 

Might sound a bit OTT until you hear the difference it makes. Perhaps the most cost effective upgrade I have carried out. 

I probably didn't need so many spurs but I wanted to future proof my setup if that makes sense.

Guillaume
Industry disclosure: UK distributor for Shunyata Research

220 PRO, totaldac d1 server with additional external power supply, totaldac d1-seven, Echole PSU for Totaldac, Wilson Audio Sasha 2, Shunyata Research cables, Shunyata Hydra Alpha A10 + DPC-6 v3, Various Entreq ground boxes and cables, Entreq Athena level 3 rack, 2 X SOtM sNH-10G with sCLK-EX + 10MHz Master Clock input + sPS-500 PSU, i5 sonicTransporter w/ 1TB SSD

UK
Interesting

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
any special grounding posts outside?
If you have experience, please share..
brands of panels, fuses..

thanks !