Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
JRiver settings help please
(31-Mar-2015, 15:26)AlexS Wrote: I use JRiver itself to rip CDs (you can configure the Rip settings, to use "Secure Rip", in which case it would also produce the rip log). When you rip using JRiver, it'll be aware of the newly ripped CDs, and add them to the library. You can also configure where the ripped CDs go to in your file system. I actually rip to a directory outside of my monitored library, and then manually move to the right folder inside my library, which is  structured hierarchically: Genre --> Composer/Artist --> Album
For your "car" rips, you could rip to the same folder, but once you remove the files from there, JRiver will also automatically remove them from your library. Just make sure that when you set up your library, you choose the option to automatically monitor it. With that, you'll never need to import music to your library manually: when you add/remove a folder in your library, JRiver will automatically update it.
Once last word of advice: I don't know what format you're using, but JRiver does not work well with .cue and especially embedded .cue files. It would import them fine the 1st time, but if you make changes to the meta tags later on, you'll get into trouble. The options that works best is separate files for separate tracks.

Thank you for the detailed reply. As you can probably tell I have just started using JRiver and I am keen to keep using DBPoweramp to rip my CDs as this has been reliable in the past.
I just assumed I could rip it as normal and JRiver pick it up?. It appears to be doing that with my I tunes library.
My car can only works with Ipod so I have to rip to I tunes I presumed.
I have no idea what .cue is. I rip to FLAC if this is what you mean.
My knowledge of all of this is very basic I am afraid.
Devialet 200 -- Roon Nucleus-- Sonus Faber Olympica 2 -- Tellurium Q Black Speaker Cables --
Chord Qutest -- Niimbus US5 Pro Headphone amp —HifiMan HEK, Abyss 1266TC
Newcastle upon Tyne, England

Messages In This Thread
JRiver settings help please - by Womaz - 31-Mar-2015, 13:33
RE: JRiver settings help please - by hk6230 - 31-Mar-2015, 15:10
RE: JRiver settings help please - by AlexS - 31-Mar-2015, 15:26
RE: JRiver settings help please - by Womaz - 31-Mar-2015, 15:53
RE: JRiver settings help please - by Womaz - 31-Mar-2015, 15:55
RE: JRiver settings help please - by AlexS - 01-Apr-2015, 22:14
RE: JRiver settings help please - by Womaz - 02-Apr-2015, 00:16
RE: JRiver settings help please - by AlexS - 03-Apr-2015, 01:44
RE: JRiver settings help please - by Womaz - 03-Apr-2015, 08:09