Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
problem
did it as fat,never messed with files, cant be any files on card as it was formatted, i just seem to think the dealers sold me a dud,i had a 120 before and was able to get the sam feature working on there and configure inputs,now i cant do anything with this one, which is a pain, devialet are not much help either and no dealers near me in south wales, dealer said he updated the firmware,which i listed above,before he sent it, i left it to late to set up as i was busy and away with work so now cant ask for a refund
Why don't you read and follow my instructions? First the basics: again: install the firmware by yourself with the same laptop with which you make your configuration! Fat. SD card 2GB for example. Please read again and exactly only that. You must have a good start before everybody is shouting the next steps......
1: Atelier d'Or no.75 (1.5m. AQ RCA-XLR), Heart 2812 QuadESL.nl, Kimber 8TC, WBT, Rel StentorII, Oppo105D (surround), Vodafone Next, Quad 303.2(!Quadrepair.nl), Kef RDM1, BenQW4000i, SBooster (3x), IfiX 3x, 125 inch, Stax 507 (2x) on Stax SRM-1S, SRM D-50, all on Iso-Ac. Gaia1, 2 and 3, Kemp Isolator source and power-, Kemp QA/ SNS plugs (6x), Furutech & ALAC maincables, AQ Blizzard, Van den Hul Mainstream, Optical 8k cables, Clearaudio (Synchro+Champion2+TT3 tangential+CM Bearing+Outer Limit+StradivariV2, 530uV, 200 ohms), NUC11 i7, Samsung-980Pro, -A8, -S24Ultra, Roon Life, Netgear 108, AQ Cinnamon all, Live cable USB, AQ jitterbug 5x, WB 18TB 2x

2: 220Pro, Kef R3, Rel Studio, Oppo103EU (surround), Quad 707(mod), Kef RDM2, all on Iso Acoustics 200, Gaia 3 & 1, LG Oled55, Furutech wall outlets(3x), AQ NRG-Z3 (2m., 5x), Kemp powerstrips, Audiotool filters, Oppo HA2+PM3 + AQ cinnamon cables

1900 recorded LP's 24/192, 850 DSD 5.1 SACD (via Oppo), 4800 ripped CD's, Qubuz

tried it step by step, still no good,
There is a possibility that no one has mentioned. It is possible for a fault to develop in the SD card slot in the Devislet.

I had this kind of problem with my 140 Pro around 6 years ago. I bought my amp prior to the CI board being released and I started getting the problem when I got my amp back from getting the CI board upgrade. It started with my amp intermittently not recognising my card. I would remove and reinsert the card, sometimes several times, and the amp would eventually recognise the card. This happened with different cards, I had 2 cards, each with a different configuration on it, and a third card for firmware updates and all had worked without problems prior to the fault first showing up. Swapping cards didn't help, the fault would intermittently occur with any of the 3 cards. Eventually no card would be accepted at all.

I contacted Devialet and they told me to send my amp in for checking under warranty which I did. When it came back it worked perfectly with all of my 3 cards and the problem has not occurred since. I believe they replaced the card slot. Since the slot is apparently attached to one of the circuit boards they may have replaced the whole board.

You did not mention that you had your problem intermittently to start. If the problem started intermittently then the problem is almost certainly in your amp and you should contact Devialet to arrange repair.

If your problem did not start intermittently then you need to determine whether the problem has something to do with the card you're using, the configuration file you're creating, or the way you're formatting the card and copying it to your card.

The simplest way to do that is to find someone with a 220 Pro, either your dealer or someone you know, and try the card and configuration they are using in your amp. If it works in your amp then the fault is not in your amp and it has something to do with the card or file you're using. If a card that works in a different 220 Pro doesn't work in your amp then the fault is almost certainly in your amp and you need to contact Devialet to arrange repair.

If you can't find someone using a 220 Pro in order to do the above test, find someone using an Expert Pro, get them to create a 220 Pro config file and copy it to a card they use and try the test. Don't use one of your cards or a config file you have created, get them to use their card and a file they've created. This is the only way to make sure the problem isn't being caused by something you're doing or by one of your cards.

I believe SD cafd slot/reader failures are extremely rare. To my knowledge my case is the only case of card slot failure reported on this forum in the 7 years since I joined the forum but extremely rare doesn't mean that it can't happen and if it can happen in 1 case, as it did with me, then it can happen in a second case.
Roon Nucleus+, Devilalet Expert 140 Pro CI, Focal Sopra 2, PS Audio P12, Keces P8 LPS, Uptone Audio EtherREGEN with optical fibre link to my router, Shunyata Alpha NR and Sigma NR power cables, Shunyata Sigma ethernet cables, Shunyata Alpha V2 speaker cables, Grand Prix Audio Monaco rack, RealTRAPS acoustic treatment.

Brisbane, Qld, Australia
Format sdcard using sdcard formatter below and try again to copy the config files :

https://www.sdcard.org/downloads/formatter/
Had the SD Card reading issue as well. 
Tried a number of different SD Cards, SD Card Formatter & Windows formatting. Nothing worked in a late model HP Laptop using the built in SD Slot.
I stumbled across an old USB SD Card Writer and plugged into my Windows Laptop. 
This solved the issue.
Seems like the Devialet (Expert 120) SD Reader liked the older basic writer, so perhaps a firmware/version compatibility issue with new hardware.
Also used an old SD Card with slow read/write speeds and low capacity of 256Mb.  
Maybe give this a go.

Cheers Mike
New Zealand
i was hoping to find someone who has a d200 so i could send my sd cards to with my profile loaded just to test if the card or profile was the issue or wheteher or not it was my amps sd card slot or other problem as its obviously expensive to hip it to devialet and get repaired,if thats whats needed,but didnt want to send if it was just a software or sd card profile issue, as you can read here these amps seem to be extremely temperamental,had everything suggested bar stick youre foot in a bowl of custard whilst inserting sd card ha ha
what was the message displayed when you boot up your D200? I doubt it is the profile file's problem as you just download direct from Devialet's configurator, nothing can go wrong there and I am sure you have tried creating a new profile instead of just modify existing profile.

(09-May-2024, 16:53)groucho Wrote: i was hoping to find someone who has a d200 so i could send my sd cards to with my profile loaded just to test if the card or profile was the issue or wheteher or not it was my amps sd card slot or other problem as its obviously expensive to hip it to devialet and get repaired,if thats whats needed,but didnt want to send if it was just a software or sd card profile issue, as you can read here these amps seem to be extremely temperamental,had everything suggested bar stick youre foot in a bowl of custard whilst inserting sd card ha ha