Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 4.67 Average
AIR 3 beta for Windows
And I just checked, MBR on my system.
Roon ROCK on Intel NUC6i5SYH/Ethernet | VPI Avenger | Devialet 440 Pro CI | Vivid Audio Giya G3 | Auralic Aires Mini | Synology 1812+ NAS
SXSW, US
(20-Aug-2016, 18:18)baddog Wrote: I guess the GPT partition should be renamed GPTA, as in General Pain in The ***

Sad

haha!  Big Grin

"I won't be restarting my pc for the next few months. Idea "
(20-Aug-2016, 19:37)jmorrell Wrote:
(20-Aug-2016, 18:18)baddog Wrote: I guess the GPT partition should be renamed GPTA, as in General Pain in The ***

Sad

haha!  Big Grin

"I won't be restarting my pc for the next few months. Idea "

Fixed it!

Disabled secure boot in bios. Windows didn't complain at all during restart after making the change so i guess it hasn't broken the GPT boot partition(s) at all. and now it loading without fail each time Smile
Nice job - you are relentless!

I guess you aren't running headless are you?

That has been the challenge for me - running a headless version of a Windows 10 system. One that will boot and allow RDP.
Roon ROCK on Intel NUC6i5SYH/Ethernet | VPI Avenger | Devialet 440 Pro CI | Vivid Audio Giya G3 | Auralic Aires Mini | Synology 1812+ NAS
SXSW, US
(24-Aug-2016, 02:08)baddog Wrote: Nice job - you are relentless!

That has been the challenge for me - running a headless version of a Windows 10 system. One that will boot and allow RDP.

Not at present, this is my main rig. 

I did contemplate running a small box. But even then my music is stored on a Synology NAS box and totals around 4tb at present so have steered away from it at present. There might be benefits if the collection could fit on a single SSD.

Unless i'm missing something?  Wink
(24-Aug-2016, 02:08)baddog Wrote: Nice job - you are relentless!

I'm not sure if this is of any help, but I have been successfully running an Intel NUC with Windows 10 as a headless Roon server.  My only interface with the NUC is through Windows Remote Desktop from my Surface Pro 3 or Thinkpad laptop -- this seems to work quite well and does not induce the white noise that Teamviewer seems to trigger.  I have set up the NUC to boot directly to the desktop without a login screen.  ROON server and AIR3 are set to start on boot.  Furthermore, I have the NUC set up to auto-update Windows 10 and reboot automatically on completing updates.  In effect, this is a headless Windows 10 system that works exceptionally well for it's sole purpose of running ROON server and providing a reliable AIR connection to the Devialet.
QNAP TS-453 > ROON on Intel NUC 5i5RYK running Win10 > AIR ethernet to D200 via router > Focal Sopra No 2
I have an Intel NUC running Roon Server and a Mac Mini running Roon Bridge. Both are headless and direct login. I control both with my iMac via TeamViewer, which is free for home use.
Technics SL-1200G | Ortofon Cadenza Bronze | Audio Technica AT-ART9 | Hana ML
Nucleus+ | Melco N1ZS/2EX | D100 | S100 | Telegärtner M12 | Accustic Arts Drive II
Devialet Original d'Atelier | Vivid Audio G3 Giya
Gold Phantom Opéra de Paris
S  I  N  G  A  P  O  R  E
(28-Aug-2016, 10:29)tategoi Wrote: I have an Intel NUC running Roon Server and a Mac Mini running Roon Bridge. Both are headless and direct login. I control both with my iMac via TeamViewer, which is free for home use.
Similar here. I run full Roon on a NUC, but don't use the monitor or keyboard unless I want to fiddle with the system directly.
I autostart without login, and use Microsoft RDP (Remote Desktop) (Free) to access the NUC via MacBook or iPad when necessary. I leave it running 24/7 and only need to manually intervene during a restart because I use Fidelizer Free, which cannot be set to auto-start. It really is an incredibly flexible system.
NUC i5/ROCK/Roon Lifetime =>  Original d'Atelier CoreInfinity #066 => Transparent MusicWave+ =>Wilson Sophia 3
This is very helpful, last time I tried Windows 10 on my Mac Mini with Boot Camp it would not boot without a monitor attached to the system.

I will try this with a NUC and hopefully I won't have the need for the monitor to boot. To be clear, you folks are using Windows 10, not Windows 10 Professional? And no display attached to the NUC?
SXSW, US
(28-Aug-2016, 20:56)baddog Wrote: This is very helpful, last time I tried Windows 10 on my Mac Mini with Boot Camp it would not boot without a monitor attached to the system.

I will try this with a NUC and hopefully I won't have the need for the monitor to boot. To be clear, you folks are using Windows 10, not Windows 10 Professional? And no display attached to the NUC?

Hmmmmm - now you're being picky  Big Grin Big Grin  

Mine is Win10 Pro, apparently. And I have a monitor plugged in, but the Power Saving means it is normally off. I will go and see what happens if I unplug it and then re-boot!!

Update: it is Windows 10 Pro, and I can completely unplug the monitor connection from the HDMI port and it will still boot up without a login, and autostart Roon as well. No keyboard either.

Hope that helps Big Grin
NUC i5/ROCK/Roon Lifetime =>  Original d'Atelier CoreInfinity #066 => Transparent MusicWave+ =>Wilson Sophia 3