Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
AIR petition to Devialet Management, please sign
Quote:We will create and manage an online page where you will find all the latest about our work on Expert. And also where you can share your experience with other Expert owners. Sharing is caring. 

We're still waiting for this page on their website Sannie said would come. Looks like this reaction of him to this petition has been little more than damage control. I'm seeing all the signs, all over the forum again of them going back to their old ways and tending to the 'issues of the day'. It's really sad to witness this but I kind of expected it.
PS Audio P3, Shunyata ΞTRON Alpha Digital and HC/Furutech power cables, Paul Hynes SR7EHD-MR4, DIY Roon Server & Roon Endpoint running AudioLinux Headless, Phasure Lush^2 USB cable, Audioquest Diamond RJ/E ethernet, Uptone Audio etherREGEN, Mutec MC-3+ USB, Shunyata ΞTRON Anaconda Digital XLR AES/EBU, Devialet Expert 250 Pro CI, Nordost Tyr Reference LS cables, Von Schweikert VR-5 SE Anniversary Edition, Anti-Mode Dual Core 2.0, JL Audio Fathom F112. More detail here.

The Netherlands
(02-Sep-2016, 14:57)Antoine Wrote:
Quote:We will create and manage an online page where you will find all the latest about our work on Expert. And also where you can share your experience with other Expert owners. Sharing is caring. 

We're still waiting for this page on their website Sannie said would come. Looks like this reaction of him to this petition has been little more than damage control. I'm seeing all the signs, all over the forum again of them going back to their old ways and tending to the 'issues of the day'. It's really sad to witness this but I kind of expected it.

No, the page arrived on time:

https://help.devialet.com/hc/en-us/artic...ta-testing-

Love is in the AIR ......... Sad
1000 Pro - KEF Blade - iFi Zen Stream - Mutec REF10 - MC3+USB - Pro-Ject Signature 12
Thanks Confused, it's specific to AIR though and I did know about that page. Perhaps I expected more (that happens a lot with me and Devialet) of it, also after I read this mentioned earlier:

http://devialetchat.com/showthread.php?t...8#pid45288

+ General customer support / changing Devialet communication philosophy
They are aware that it's important to have an open communication, dialogue with customers - so there will be a new website area (somewhat close to a forum / Q&A / discussion area) relased where customers issues / discussions along with direct Devialet response
PS Audio P3, Shunyata ΞTRON Alpha Digital and HC/Furutech power cables, Paul Hynes SR7EHD-MR4, DIY Roon Server & Roon Endpoint running AudioLinux Headless, Phasure Lush^2 USB cable, Audioquest Diamond RJ/E ethernet, Uptone Audio etherREGEN, Mutec MC-3+ USB, Shunyata ΞTRON Anaconda Digital XLR AES/EBU, Devialet Expert 250 Pro CI, Nordost Tyr Reference LS cables, Von Schweikert VR-5 SE Anniversary Edition, Anti-Mode Dual Core 2.0, JL Audio Fathom F112. More detail here.

The Netherlands
Read the updates on that AIR beta BTW and I noticed this response from Devialet:

Quote:We deleted the management of bit perfect with Itunes in the new AIR. This decision was made so that the software could be more fluid. 

It might however be back in the futur depending on the feedback and the feasibility. 

OMG..LOL...it might be back? That's bad...what's next? Downsampling everything to 11.025kHz/8 bit like back in the Soundblaster days to make the software "more fluid"??  Confused

The Netherlands
(02-Sep-2016, 15:30)Antoine Wrote: Thanks Confused, it's specific to AIR though and I did know about that page. Perhaps I expected more (that happens a lot with me and Devialet) of it, also after I read this mentioned earlier:

http://devialetchat.com/showthread.php?t...8#pid45288

+ General customer support / changing Devialet communication philosophy
They are aware that it's important to have an open communication, dialogue with customers - so there will be a new website area (somewhat close to a forum / Q&A / discussion area) relased where customers issues / discussions along with direct Devialet response

Yes, agreed.  Although I guess a new page detailing progress of the new 'streamer board' will be coming soon.....

Which would actually be reasonable considering anyone buying a Pro or upgrading soon will be paying for it.

A page covering forthcoming firmware updates would be nice too ......
1000 Pro - KEF Blade - iFi Zen Stream - Mutec REF10 - MC3+USB - Pro-Ject Signature 12
So a few months later, how well do people think they have delivered against their promises?
Roon, Rega P9 + Dynavector XX2Mk2 > 440 Pro > Sonus Faber Guarneri Evolution
(15-Nov-2016, 18:43)Soniclife Wrote: So a few months later, how well do people think they have delivered against their promises?

Erm.... pass!

Guillaume
Industry disclosure: UK distributor for Shunyata Research

220 PRO, totaldac d1 server with additional external power supply, totaldac d1-seven, Echole PSU for Totaldac, Wilson Audio Sasha 2, Shunyata Research cables, Shunyata Hydra Alpha A10 + DPC-6 v3, Various Entreq ground boxes and cables, Entreq Athena level 3 rack, 2 X SOtM sNH-10G with sCLK-EX + 10MHz Master Clock input + sPS-500 PSU, i5 sonicTransporter w/ 1TB SSD

UK
(15-Nov-2016, 18:43)Soniclife Wrote: So a few months later, how well do people think they have delivered against their promises?

They made a page for AIR feedback, seemingly manned very part-time by one member of support staff - who in his defendce did a good job considering.

Can't see any sign of anything having happened beyond that, although there were hints of 'things happening soon'. Which so far have come to nothing. Go figure.

>>> 1st Place Award: Devialet, last decades most disappointing technology purchase.  <<<

(15-Nov-2016, 18:54)GuillaumeB Wrote:

Erm.... pass!

Guillaume

Me too, that is until I receive my upgraded Pro back in one piece! Wink Wink

The Netherlands
Well, AIR 3.0.1 beta for win 10 is working well (for me). That was never true for 2.1.3 and marginal with 3.0.

Delivering on promises? Well, AIR is still in beta, and communication is still poor (but better than non-existent I suppose).

Devialet marketing, communication and support still have a very long way to go.
Devialet 440 Pro (two 220s)- Oracle CD transport - Kuzma Stabi S/Stogi S turntable - Von Schweikert VR-35 speakers - JPS SC3 SCs - PI Audio power conditioning -
Triode Wire Labs ICs and PCs - Roon on NUC 8i7beh running ROCK
Durham, NC USA