Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Auralic Aries vs Aurender X100 vs Melco N1Z
(03-Mar-2015, 06:10)EricDH Wrote:
(02-Mar-2015, 22:36)Stigmater Wrote: OMG, UK prices Sad)

Thanks all ,i guess i got the picture and i think ill go for 3450$ offer Smile

And the best for last, friends from Dubai , what is the price there ?

I checked the priced in the Netherlands:

X100S (1 TB): 3290 Euro
X100L (6 TB): 3890 Euro

In my opinion, that is not expensive, compared to what is delivered with respect to build quality and sound quality.

In order to directly compare with the Auralic Aries, Aurender also supplies a streamer, the N100. Price of this thing is 2500 Euro, compared to the 1500 Euro for the Auralic. I think these Aurender components have a high value for money factor.

3890;- is the list price;

I walked in and bought my X100L in the Netherlands for 3450;-
It was not difficult to arrange a mutually agreeable price reduction as I knew what I wanted & didn't use any of the dealers time/ facilities
(03-Mar-2015, 22:13)krass Wrote:

In my opinion, that is not expensive, compared to what is delivered with respect to build quality and sound quality.

In order to directly compare with the Auralic Aries, Aurender also supplies a streamer, the N100. Price of this thing is 2500 Euro, compared to the 1500 Euro for the Auralic. I think these Aurender components have a high value for money factor.

It was not difficult to arrange a mutually agreeable price reduction as I knew what I wanted & didn't use any of the dealers time/ facilities

Hi Krass,

What capacity have you got on your X100L?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Aurender X100L / Transrotor Crescendo TT / Denon DCD1520 / Macbook Pro >> D400 >> Martin Logan Montis
amabrok's system - Latest update (May 2015, Page 11, Post #109)

Dubai, UAE

Wow, and I always thought the high end dealers in the Netherlands don't give any discount at all.
NAS: LaCie Cloudbox
Streaming bridge: Auralic Aries
DAC/Amplifier: Devialet 200
Speakers: Magico S1
Digital cables: Audioquest Cinnamon
Loudspeaker cables: Vertere Pulse-X Mini
(04-Mar-2015, 05:05)amabrok Wrote:

Hi Krass,

I have the 6Tb. I think it was increased to 8Tb just after I bought it (but 6 is still way more than I'll need)
(04-Mar-2015, 05:27)EricDH Wrote:

Wow, and I always thought the high end dealers in the Netherlands don't give any discount at all.

I have always had discounts of around 10% on everything I've bought in NL !
New High end HiFi is a buyers market; IMO it doesn't make commercial sense for any dealer to turn a customer away for 10%.

As they say about negotiation, the best deal is when both sides are happy..........
A real Dutchman! ;-)
■ Devialet 1000 Pro & Roon Lifetime ■ Dynaudio Sapphire ■ Streacom fanless HTPC-SSD (W8.1) ■ Sonos  Connect (+Magna Ultimo mod) ■ Qobuz Studio  Qnap TS 219 P II ■ v.d. Hul The Revolution LS cables ■ PS Audio Quintet ■ picture: Sony VPL-HW65ES & LG-OLED65C9
Amsterdam NL
(04-Mar-2015, 21:51)krass Wrote:
(04-Mar-2015, 05:05)amabrok Wrote:

Hi Krass,

I have the 6Tb. I think it was increased to 8Tb just after I bought it (but 6 is still way more than I'll need)

Indeed, 6TB is good enough for most of us

Aurender X100L / Transrotor Crescendo TT / Denon DCD1520 / Macbook Pro >> D400 >> Martin Logan Montis

Dubai, UAE
Just wanted to share that yesterday i got my X100L and its amazing, i listen all night to my whole music collection and couldn't stop, everything is simply sounds better then with my mac mini, the bass is more tighter , the mid is fuller and sound is more analog and non fatigue. Couldn't be happier Smile

What i didn't liked its iPad app that controls Aurender, a lot of things that i would change, starting from old IOS6 design, no iPhone app, no backround process (every time you press home button and then get back opens default view and not where you left, very annoying), big issues with proper music organising ( in iTunes its was a lot smarter) etc...

i guess ill have to live with it and hope that app will be better with future updates because the SQ is amazing .
Devialet 800| B&W 802 Diamond | JL 113 | Linn Akurate DS + Denon HEOS for Spotify | Stealth Reverie speaker cables| Audioprana AES/RCA | DH LABS PC 
(06-Mar-2015, 18:20)Stigmater Wrote: Just wanted to share  that yesterday i got my X100L and its amazing, i listen all night to my whole music collection and couldn't stop,  everything is simply sounds better then with my mac mini, the bass is more tighter , the mid is fuller and sound is more analog and non fatigue. Couldn't be happier Smile  

What i didn't liked its  iPad app that controls Aurender, a lot of things that i would change, starting from old IOS6 design, no iPhone app, no backround process (every time you press home button and then get back opens default view and not where you left, very annoying), big issues with proper music organising ( in iTunes its was a lot smarter) etc...

i guess ill have to live with it and hope that app will be better with future updates because the SQ is amazing .

Stigmater, very happy for you and welcome to the club of Devialet/Aurender combo Smile

your observations on SQ are perfectly aligned with my experience with Aurender. Tube-like and far away from being digital!

regarding the app, i agree it is old and not aesthetically pleasing but it is functional and there is a learning curve to it. i find browsing, searching, sorting and queuing up tracks to build playlists on the fly to be all amazing. of course Aurender can improve it a lot but my only consolation is that it is reliable and very stable (no bugs, no crashes).

FYI, there is an Android version that works on phones and tablets

Dubai, UAE
(06-Mar-2015, 18:42)amabrok Wrote:
(06-Mar-2015, 18:20)Stigmater Wrote: Just wanted to share  that yesterday i got my X100L and its amazing, i listen all night to my whole music collection and couldn't stop,  everything is simply sounds better then with my mac mini, the bass is more tighter , the mid is fuller and sound is more analog and non fatigue. Couldn't be happier Smile  

What i didn't liked its  iPad app that controls Aurender, a lot of things that i would change, starting from old IOS6 design, no iPhone app, no backround process (every time you press home button and then get back opens default view and not where you left, very annoying), big issues with proper music organising ( in iTunes its was a lot smarter) etc...

Stigmater, very happy for you and welcome to the club of Devialet/Aurender combo Smile

your observations on SQ are perfectly aligned with my experience with Aurender. Tube-like and far away from being digital!

regarding the app, i agree it is old and not aesthetically pleasing but it is functional and there is a learning curve to it. i find browsing, searching, sorting and queuing up tracks to build playlists on the fly to be all amazing. of course Aurender can improve it a lot but my only consolation is that it is reliable and very stable (no bugs, no crashes).

FYI, there is an Android version that works on phones and tablets

Can the Aurender app provide a list of tracks showing track ratings?  (rather than drilling though menus to find the track rating)