Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Auralic Aries vs Aurender X100 vs Melco N1Z
(02-Mar-2015, 21:31)Stigmater Wrote: I would like to ask Aurender owners to share please the total and final price after all tax that you paid for X100L

I called local dealer that has Aurender and final price after all the tax that he offered me for X100L after conversion to $ is 3450$

Hi Stigmater - what is the price quote on the Aurender X100 (without the big "L") ? Did you get this price from US or in Isreal?
Rock OS (Roon) on NUC 2016 Model (ETH Wired to Router) > Cat8 from Router to switch to 220Pro (CI) > RAAT/AIR > Monitor Audio PL300 II
Ipad Mini 4/iPhone for Roon Remote"
(03-Mar-2015, 06:10)EricDH Wrote:
(02-Mar-2015, 22:36)Stigmater Wrote: OMG, UK prices Sad)

Thanks all ,i guess i got the picture and i think ill go for 3450$ offer Smile

And the best for last, friends from Dubai , what is the price there ?

I checked the priced in the Netherlands:

X100S (1 TB): 3290 Euro
X100L (6 TB): 3890 Euro

In my opinion, that is not expensive, compared to what is delivered with respect to build quality and sound quality.

In order to directly compare with the Auralic Aries, Aurender also supplies a streamer, the N100. Price of this thing is 2500 Euro, compared to the 1500 Euro for the Auralic. I think these Aurender components have a high value for money factor.

I agree, the Aurender N100 would be a better direct comparator to Auralic Aeris as it has no built in storage and it acts as a pure network bridge.

In terms of sound quality and based on technical specs I see the Aurender X100 as a lighter version of the flagship Aurender W20 as they share many of the technologies including the USB audio circuit and the power supply unit. Whereas one can think of the Aurender N100 as the light version of the second in line the Aurender S10.

In summary I believe the X100 impressive sound is due to the fact it inherits many design aspects from the W20 and accordingly I expect the N100 to sound a little less as it seems to be based on the S10. Of course this is just a theory based on paper facts as I have not tested neither the W, the S nor the N. How bold is that

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Aurender X100L / Transrotor Crescendo TT / Denon DCD1520 / Macbook Pro >> D400 >> Martin Logan Montis
amabrok's system - Latest update (May 2015, Page 11, Post #109)

Dubai, UAE
You may be right amabrok. It was just to show the price comparison. I would go for the X100L myself.
NAS: LaCie Cloudbox
Streaming bridge: Auralic Aries
DAC/Amplifier: Devialet 200
Speakers: Magico S1
Digital cables: Audioquest Cinnamon
Loudspeaker cables: Vertere Pulse-X Mini
I must admit that the N100 appeals to me more as its a lot cheaper (£2499 in the UK, $2495 in the US), I already have a NAS and the box would plug straight into my existing network.

From the technical descriptions the sound quality should be the same as the X100.

The N10 looks better still as it has outputs other than USB but the price seems silly... "Slightly more expensive than the S10" which is £4995 (£5500 in some places...) in the UK or $6990 in the US.
IMac macOS 10.15.3 (no link to Devialet Sad ) / MacBook Pro Retina OS X 10.14.4 / Linn LP12 / Devialet 200 Wilson Benesch Discovery. 
Qobuz Desktop Latest Version / Audirvana 3.2.18 / Audirvana Remote / iTunes 12.9 / AIR 3.0.4 / Wi-Fi / FW 8.1.0 / SAM 50%
Cambridge, UK (Updated 27th February, 2020)
(03-Mar-2015, 10:29)PhilP Wrote: I must admit that the N100 appeals to me more as its a lot cheaper, I already have a NAS and the box would plug straight into my existing network.

From the technical descriptions the sound quality should be the same as the X100.

The N10 looks better still as it has outputs other than USB but the price seems silly...

I reckon the N100 will sound very good as well and if there is any SQ difference vis-a-vis the X100 it will be minimal.

For the N10 I think your right in the sense that it has more output options,but I wonder why it is no longer showing on Aurender website?!

Aurender X100L / Transrotor Crescendo TT / Denon DCD1520 / Macbook Pro >> D400 >> Martin Logan Montis

Dubai, UAE
(03-Mar-2015, 10:29)PhilP Wrote: I must admit that the N100 appeals to me more as its a lot cheaper, I already have a NAS and the box would plug straight into my existing network.

The N10 looks better still as it has outputs other than USB but the price seems silly...

Correct! N100 makes sens if someone like me has NAS server + HDD devices to directly connect to the N100. its no confusion with just USBs to offer so the one is not paying to other combinations also possibility. Yes this can be used only for those DACs which use USB audio input only.
Rock OS (Roon) on NUC 2016 Model (ETH Wired to Router) > Cat8 from Router to switch to 220Pro (CI) > RAAT/AIR > Monitor Audio PL300 II
Ipad Mini 4/iPhone for Roon Remote"
(03-Mar-2015, 05:57)amabrok Wrote:

Hi Stigmater, which X100L are you talking about. Earlier units used to come in 6 or 8 TB. Newer units and current offering come in 6 or 12 TB. And of course the prices will vary.

Mine is the 8TB and I purchased it for around 4000$

Hi amabrok
Im talking about X100L 6TB, didn't knew that there are newer and older versions. 
I assume my dealer has newer version but how i can tell really? 

(03-Mar-2015, 06:19)Jnan_devi Wrote:
(02-Mar-2015, 21:31)Stigmater Wrote: I would like to ask Aurender owners to share please the total and final price after all tax that you paid for X100L

I called local dealer that has Aurender and final price after all the tax that he offered me for X100L after conversion to $ is 3450$

Hi Stigmater - what is the price quote on the Aurender X100 (without the big "L") ? Did you get this price from US or in Isreal?

For my surprice since things not cheep here in general its Israel price and its final, 
and how about that: the dealer willing to come to my place (70km one way) to demonstrait the device.

so I'm thinking on selling my mac mini and move towards Aurender , hope it will be good. 

Question:
I use my Mac Mini as music server  with my iTunes library and Audiorvana ant etc.. 
As well i use it as entertainment unit with PLEX server installed, 
I got 2TB hdd connected through USB3 with all the movies and tv shows libraries that PLEX can read, of course  mac mini connected to TV with HDMI.
Ithat way it looks very neat and organised  and I'm looking for solution to preserve it that way but with out Mac Mini. 

So the question is:
Can i use Aurender as NAS for purposes other then music storage, lets say ill open dir and name it PLEX and inside the dir ill store my DB with all my  movies and TV shows for PLEX. 
PLEX Server will  run on my iMac in office room and ill use PS4 as player in living room (recently PLEX app added to PS4 if some of you missed it Smile ) 
Will it work that way? Can i point in Plex server to directory that exist on Aurender so it will use it? 

Thanks 
Devialet 800| B&W 802 Diamond | JL 113 | Linn Akurate DS + Denon HEOS for Spotify | Stealth Reverie speaker cables| Audioprana AES/RCA | DH LABS PC 
I think the N100 only started to ship last month and read a while ago that the N10 would be available this month - perhaps it's been delayed?

At the U.S. price ($2495) the N100 if it sounds as good as the X100 almost looks like a no-brainer if you are happy with USB...
IMac macOS 10.15.3 (no link to Devialet Sad ) / MacBook Pro Retina OS X 10.14.4 / Linn LP12 / Devialet 200 Wilson Benesch Discovery. 
Qobuz Desktop Latest Version / Audirvana 3.2.18 / Audirvana Remote / iTunes 12.9 / AIR 3.0.4 / Wi-Fi / FW 8.1.0 / SAM 50%
Cambridge, UK (Updated 27th February, 2020)
(03-Mar-2015, 11:17)Stigmater Wrote:
(03-Mar-2015, 05:57)amabrok Wrote:

Hi Stigmater, which X100L are you talking about. Earlier units used to come in 6 or 8 TB. Newer units and current offering come in 6 or 12 TB. And of course the prices will vary.

Mine is the 8TB and I purchased it for around 4000$

Hi amabrok
Im talking about X100L 6TB, didn't knew that there are newer and older versions. 
I assume my dealer has newer version but how i can tell really? 

(03-Mar-2015, 06:19)Jnan_devi Wrote:

For my surprice since things not cheep here in general its Israel price and its final, 
and how about that: the dealer willing to come to my place (70km one way) to demonstrait the device.

so I'm thinking on selling my mac mini and move towards Aurender , hope it will be good. 

Question:
I use my Mac Mini as music server  with my iTunes library and Audiorvana ant etc.. 
As well i use it as entertainment unit with PLEX server installed, 
I got 2TB hdd connected through USB3 with all the movies and tv shows libraries that PLEX can read, of course  mac mini connected to TV with HDMI.
Ithat way it looks very neat and organised  and I'm looking for solution to preserve it that way but with out Mac Mini. 

So the question is:
Can i use Aurender as NAS for purposes other then music storage, lets say ill open dir and name it PLEX and inside the dir ill store my DB with all my  movies and TV shows for PLEX. 
PLEX Server will  run on my iMac in office room and ill use PS4 as player in living room (recently PLEX app added to PS4 if some of you missed it Smile ) 
Will it work that way? Can i point in Plex server to directory that exist on Aurender so it will use it? 

Thanks 

Hi Stigmater

Don't worry when I say new and old. They basically the exact same thing but with different HDD capacity.

For your question the answer is yes. The built in HDDs in Aurender simply appear on the local network as network drives and the server that you will install on your Mac can access media stored on the Aurender like it would with any other network drive.

Dubai, UAE
(03-Mar-2015, 11:17)PhilP Wrote: I think the N100 only started to ship last month and read a while ago that the N10 would be available this month - perhaps it's been delayed?

At the U.S. price ($2495) the N100 if it sounds as good as the X100 almost looks like a no-brainer if you are happy with USB...

I tend to agree. For those who are happy with USB and already have a good NAS then N100 seems to be a very good option.

If you don't have a NAS or would prefer a one unit solution (like me) then X100 would be a logical option to consider.

Dubai, UAE