Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
-=Aurender=-
As much as I liked Roon during the trial period, I find that the Conductor app is sufficient. The embedded Wiki feature works well (when the album is in their database) and AllMusic is a good substitute.
Synology 713+ -> Aurender N10 -> D 200 -> Legacy Audio Focus SE speakers. ClearAudio Emotion TT. Synergistic Atmosphere Level 3 UEF Speaker and Galileo (USB) Interconnects and Synergistic PowerCell UEF S - Virginia U. S. A.
I have a question regarding the Conductor app, does it show most played songs e.g.? I've read that it shows last 500 played.
Thx
(17-May-2016, 14:16)Allman77 Wrote: I have a question regarding the Conductor app, does it show most played songs e.g.? I've read that it shows last 500 played.
Thx

Good question, I don't know, perhaps one of the other Aurender users does. I'd like to know myself.
Devialet 200 <> Bowers & Wilkins 805 Diamond <> Aurender N100 <> Clearaudio Concept MC <> Audioquest Rocket 44/Coffee USB

The Netherlands
(17-May-2016, 14:16)Allman77 Wrote: I have a question regarding the Conductor app, does it show most played songs e.g.? I've read that it shows last 500 played.
Thx

Select "playlist" -> "Recently played 2000" this will show you the queue of the last 2000 selections played ordered from most recent. It will take some time to load all 2000 Big Grin .
Synology 713+ -> Aurender N10 -> D 200 -> Legacy Audio Focus SE speakers. ClearAudio Emotion TT. Synergistic Atmosphere Level 3 UEF Speaker and Galileo (USB) Interconnects and Synergistic PowerCell UEF S - Virginia U. S. A.
A new Conductor app update is available.
Devialet 200 <> Bowers & Wilkins 805 Diamond <> Aurender N100 <> Clearaudio Concept MC <> Audioquest Rocket 44/Coffee USB

The Netherlands
(20-Jun-2016, 15:35)Eddye Wrote: A new Conductor app update is available.

See list of changes: http://www.aurender.com/blog/new-softwar...pp-2-7-135

It's interesting to see that internet radio is available in a select few locations.
New update of bug fixes

Changes from 2.7

* Bug fixes and improvement
•Fixed tracks were not displayed when selected for an album or artist in the cover view mode.
•Fixed Search Clearing function in streaming mode. Previously, Search window would not clear when new content was selected by typing it into the search window.
•Fixed "Turn off" and "Restart” which did not work as expected in "Settings" - “Aurender”.
•Fixed when tracks of an album selected for streaming service didn't display in the large cover view.
•Fixed "favorite status" for internet radio which didn't work.
•Fixed several small bugs and improved stability.
No major changes for the UK in the latest update which is a little disappointing. I would like to hear more about Internet radio and Roon. However I am really enjoying my X100L at the moment in terms of sound quality and versatility. I have connected it to my D400 via a Musical Fidelity V-Link to an SPDIF input, and the improved sonics have made me think that perhaps the USB input has some drawbacks. I have ordered a Mutec USB reclocking device to explore this further.

My only issue at the moment is the hiatus caused by a power failure. If this happens the Aurender requires a factory restore and update, a NAS will need to be remounted. Getting things back to normal can take 20-30 minutes. In the past 6 months we have had 4 power failures here and I am quite nervous going through the reset procedure particularly when Aurender warn you that incorrect shut down can result in the internal ssd drive being crippled!!!

Ok this happened this afternoon and I am only now getting over the annoyance. My question is can Aurender devise a quick and effective way of shutting the unit down to avoid this problem? Recent power control changes via firmware update are not good enough.
D440 Pro, Auralic Aries G1, Project Xtension 10, Ortofon Cadenza Black, Esoteric SA-50, Sonus Faber Olympica II, Audioquest cables. Mutec MC-3 + USB.
Some interesting comments Harry.  I too have reached the conclusion that the Devialet's USB input has some drawbacks.  Can I ask if this is just a general observation for you at the moment or have you noticed anything specific?  (Although this point might become clearer after you start using the Mutec)

For what it is worth, I have thought for a while that the Aurender X100 + Mutec MC3+USB would probably prove to be a superb combination, so I will certainly be interested to see how this works out for you.

I'm also thinking that Mutec should give the admins of this forum a free MC3 in recognition of all the good press they are getting here!  Although I have to say it is good to see such a reasonably priced piece of kit, free of all the normal audiophile nonsense, causing a little bit of disruption!

Oh, and one last thing....   In the non digital domain, it's good to see another Pro-Ject / Cadenza Black user on here.  Another great combination with a Devialet! Shy
1000 Pro - KEF Blade - iFi Zen Stream - Mutec REF10 - MC3+USB - Pro-Ject Signature 12
(18-Aug-2016, 23:13)Harry. Wrote: My only issue at the moment is the hiatus caused by a power failure. If this happens the Aurender requires a factory restore and update, a NAS will need to be remounted. Getting things back to normal can take 20-30 minutes. In the past 6 months we have had 4 power failures here and I am quite nervous going through the reset procedure particularly when Aurender warn you that incorrect shut down can result in the internal ssd drive being crippled!!!

Ok this happened this afternoon and I am only now getting over the annoyance. My question is can Aurender devise a quick and effective way of shutting the unit down to avoid this problem? Recent power control changes via firmware update are not good enough.

Without wishing to hijack the thread I thought it might be interesting to point out that this is something the Melcos do brilliantly. Pull a socket out of the wall and they shut down nicely. Not suggesting you switch from Aurender to Melco (both have their strengths and weaknesses) but any other prospective customer concerned about power cuts might want to consider this.

The other option is to introduce a UPS into the equation, although I understand these are frequently noisy and may affect the sound quality of the setup. Worth exploring though if you are getting frequent power outages. 

Guillaume
Industry disclosure: UK distributor for Shunyata Research

220 PRO, totaldac d1 server with additional external power supply, totaldac d1-seven, Echole PSU for Totaldac, Wilson Audio Sasha 2, Shunyata Research cables, Shunyata Hydra Alpha A10 + DPC-6 v3, Various Entreq ground boxes and cables, Entreq Athena level 3 rack, 2 X SOtM sNH-10G with sCLK-EX + 10MHz Master Clock input + sPS-500 PSU, i5 sonicTransporter w/ 1TB SSD

UK