Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Cheap temporary streamer
(10-Apr-2015, 17:11)Rufus McDufus Wrote: Try removing the USB cable and see if you get white noise again!

Yes that was my next experiment   Smile
Been amazing to use AIR uninterrupted all day. 
Devialet 200 -- Roon Nucleus-- Sonus Faber Olympica 2 -- Tellurium Q Black Speaker Cables --
Chord Qutest -- Niimbus US5 Pro Headphone amp —HifiMan HEK, Abyss 1266TC
Newcastle upon Tyne, England
Ok 2 hours after USB cable removed and still no white noise.... Just had a thought thiugh.... The lap top is in the same room so closer to the router. Wish I understood all of this bloody tech stuff
Devialet 200 -- Roon Nucleus-- Sonus Faber Olympica 2 -- Tellurium Q Black Speaker Cables --
Anyone got any posts on Cheap Temporary Streamers?? ! Shy
(10-Apr-2015, 19:02)Womaz Wrote: Ok 2 hours after USB cable removed and still no white noise.... Just had a thought thiugh.... The lap top is in the same room so closer to the router. Wish I understood all of this bloody tech stuff

It's all about the router/signal....   what I said in the beginning.  Esp as you are streaming hi-rez.

So next time laptop is distant - see if noise recurs. 

A 2nd router is dirt cheap and you can setup a bridge whereby laptop is ethernet connected to 2nd router.  The routers talk directly in this setup - they are good at that, much better as peer to peer than client to router.

D200, KEF LS50 / Sumiko S9 Sub Bass,  Audience AU24SE speaker,  Wireworld Silver Electra PC,  Wireworld Platinum Starlight, Straightwire Link USB,  Macbook Pro,  System76 (linux) SSD Laptop,  TP-LINK Archer C7 AC1750.  

living in Salt Lake City, USA
(10-Apr-2015, 19:33)bobertk Wrote:
(10-Apr-2015, 19:02)Womaz Wrote: Ok 2 hours after USB cable removed and still no white noise.... Just had a thought thiugh.... The lap top is in the same room so closer to the router. Wish I understood all of this bloody tech stuff

It's all about the router/signal....   what I said in the beginning.  Esp as you are streaming hi-rez.

So next time laptop is distant - see if noise recurs. 

A 2nd router is dirt cheap and you can setup a bridge whereby laptop is ethernet connected to 2nd router.  The routers talk directly in this setup - they are good at that, much better as peer to peer than client to router.

As this will only be temporary I will just bring lap top into main room for now. I will do the experiment when I get a chance. Makes me wonder why Devialet support did not suggest this.

I might have just been lucky today 
(10-Apr-2015, 19:24)Confused Wrote: Anyone got any posts on Cheap Temporary Streamers?? ! Shy

Big Grin Big Grin
Try the Aurilac Aries, I have two and love them
I did an auditioning with the Auralic Aries with Femto clock and Ultra-Low Power supply connected to a D200 at my friend's house. It is retailing over RMB11000 here in China. Other than that it is able to stream all NAS music and just Tidal music (which is expensive and often has dropouts), I find it is not the very best price/performance streamer option. With my not-so-golden-ears, I can't really find it has great difference with my Sonos Connect. Of course, it can stream up to 24/192 files and DSD. I will rather wait for AIR's perfection. In the meantime, just use MAC/USB and Sonos options.
Before: Le200, KEF LS50, AQ Type4, NUC 5i5RYH/8GB/128GB M.2SSD, Roon, Win8.1/AIR2.1.3/RoonBridge, MM/AIR3/RoonBridge, QNAP TS-212P 5TB NAS, AQ NRG-X3

Now: KEF LS50W, NUC5i5RYH/8GB/128GB M.2SSD, Roon, QNAP TS-212P 5TB NAS,iFi iSilencer3.0+DC iPurifier+iPurifier2, Sonos ZP80+SPDIF iPurifier

anyone tried this?
http://www.sotm-audio.com/sotmwp/english...m/sms-100/

according to computeraudiophile, the price is ~USD 499
Was researching auralic and realized its Lightning ds app could control my oppo 103 blu ray player. For those looking for a less expensive streamer oppo + Lightning ds app may be a good solution. However I must say, My PC with AIR managed by iTunes still sound better. When I get a chance to borrow some power cable and coax cables, I might be able to bring up the oppo's performance.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk