Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Decolouration Plastic
Anyone else's Phantoms affected by decolouration on the ring just above the midrange unit? The white plastic is turning slightly yellow/brown on mine. Seems like some sort of heat decolouration  Undecided
(25-Dec-2015, 12:22)MrSinister Wrote: Anyone else's Phantoms affected by decolouration on the ring just above the midrange unit? The white plastic is turning slightly yellow/brown on mine. Seems like some sort of heat decolouration  Undecided

Both of my silvers are effected by this too
The one with Devialet's logo?

It's still white on mines (silvers).
I've just noticed this on mine too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
(25-Dec-2015, 14:13)EvPa Wrote: The one with Devialet's logo?

Yes the ring with the logo. Made a photo. It is on both my phantoms. Its not much but this only after three months use. What will it look like after three years... Huh

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

(25-Dec-2015, 14:31)MrSinister Wrote:

Yes the ring with the logo. Made a photo. It is on both my phantoms. Its not much but this only after three months use. What will it look like after three years... Huh

I have noticed that also and we have a clean, non smoking house
(25-Dec-2015, 14:31)MrSinister Wrote:

Looks awful for a nearly new unit. IMO try to get new from Devialet. Warranty should covery this kind of discoloration.
Same on mine, purchased this summer, smoke-free house.
I have the same issue at the exact same place. Smoke free home. Loudspeaker under four months old.
Living room: Kii Three/BXT with Control.
Den: Tannoy Precision 8 iDP with TS112 iDP subwoofer.
In the cupboard, waiting for a sibling: 1st gen. Phantom Silver running DOS1
My Phantom Voyage
I tried wiping it of with my finger and it looks like it is gone. But hard to tell because of the deffirent light (no sunlight right now). Perhaps it is coming from the material the midspeakers are made of? Maybe when it gets warm when in use. Will check again tomorrow.