Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Devialet Dione HW or firmware issue?
Should have held my breath! Just noticed this afternoon a yellow flashing light on my Dione. It was quite happy operating as a soundbar but was no longer working with music. The app on the iPhone could not / cannot find the Dione on my network. Obviously I have raised the matter with Devialet.
Devialet 1000 Pro CI, Chord Signature Reference speaker cables, B&W 803 D3 speakers

Roon lifetime licence, Tidal.
(22-Feb-2023, 18:30)Gerronwithit Wrote: Should have held my breath! Just noticed this afternoon a yellow flashing light on my Dione. It was quite happy operating as a soundbar but was no longer working with music. The app on the iPhone could not / cannot find the Dione on my network. Obviously I have raised the matter with Devialet.

After contacting the Help Desk I got a quick response. The Dione had lost the WiFi connection and needed a complete reinstall which entailed deleting the App on the iPhone and reloading the soundbar. All went well until it started configuring and it got in a loop. To cut a long story short, I rebooted the iPhone and it was all there, but far from a clear and simple process.
Devialet 1000 Pro CI, Chord Signature Reference speaker cables, B&W 803 D3 speakers

(23-Feb-2023, 12:31)Gerronwithit Wrote:
(22-Feb-2023, 18:30)Gerronwithit Wrote: Should have held my breath! Just noticed this afternoon a yellow flashing light on my Dione. It was quite happy operating as a soundbar but was no longer working with music. The app on the iPhone could not / cannot find the Dione on my network. Obviously I have raised the matter with Devialet.

After contacting the Help Desk I got a quick response. The Dione had lost the WiFi connection and needed a complete reinstall which entailed deleting the App on the iPhone and reloading the soundbar. All went well until it started configuring and it got in a loop. To cut a long story short, I rebooted the iPhone and it was all there, but far from a clear and simple process.

The complexity is that the Dione is different iphones out there and the iOS running on them, in general I find the configuration process extermely simple and I only had to do it once (touch wood). Apart from the issues I faced with the first unit I got now the new one has been working perfectly for a few weeks.
(24-Feb-2023, 03:53)Moabash Wrote:
(23-Feb-2023, 12:31)Gerronwithit Wrote:

The complexity is that the Dione is different iphones out there and the iOS running on them, in general I find the configuration process extermely simple and I only had to do it once (touch wood). Apart from the issues I faced with the first unit I got now the new one has been working perfectly for a few weeks.

Devialet have been very good and quick at getting back to me. They confirmed that there is a known bug that sends the app into a loop at the final configuration process of the install on sone devices. My own fix of simply rebooting the iPhone 11 resolved the problem leaving me only to rename the name to one that I wanted rather than the generic original title.

Strangely, before contacting Devialet, I googled the flashing yellow issue but found no satisfactory solution even on Devialet’s own website.

(24-Feb-2023, 03:53)Moabash Wrote: The complexity is that the Dione is different iphones out there and the iOS running on them, in general I find the configuration process extermely simple and I only had to do it once (touch wood). Apart from the issues I faced with the first unit I got now the new one has been working perfectly for a few weeks.

Are you serious? Smile

There are thousands of different Android phones, and yet Samsung SmartThings app and many other Android apps work flawlesly.
Devialet Expert 440 Pro | Dynaudio Confidence 50 | 2x SVS SB16-Ultra
Anthem MRX 720 | Dynaudio Excite X28 | Dynaudio Emit M20
LG OLED 77 CX | LG OLED 65 C7

Todays newsletter:

"Latest updates.

• Extension of HDMI compatibility in Devialet Dione, more televisions included.
• Management of stereo balances in the Devialet App allows you to choose the stereo rendering balance and adjust the levels of your Devialet Phantom stereo set-up."

my app shows me I'm up to date. Can't see update/upgrade to install. I'll try in the evening.
But there is hope as you can see 🤞
(24-Feb-2023, 13:08)VAL Wrote:
Newsletter du jour :

"Dernières mises à jour.

• Extension de la compatibilité HDMI dans Devialet Dione, plus de téléviseurs inclus.
• La gestion des balances stéréo dans l'application Devialet vous permet de choisir la balance de rendu stéréo et d'ajuster les niveaux de votre configuration stéréo Devialet Phantom ."

mon application me montre que je suis à jour. Impossible de voir la mise à jour/mise à niveau à installer. J'essaierai le soir.
Mais il y a de l'espoir comme vous pouvez le voir 🤞

"Where did you see that?" Angel
(24-Feb-2023, 18:41)om_the_best_ Wrote:
(24-Feb-2023, 13:08)VAL Wrote:
Newsletter du jour :

"Dernières mises à jour.

• Extension de la compatibilité HDMI dans Devialet Dione, plus de téléviseurs inclus.
• La gestion des balances stéréo dans l'application Devialet vous permet de choisir la balance de rendu stéréo et d'ajuster les niveaux de votre configuration stéréo Devialet Phantom ."

mon application me montre que je suis à jour. Impossible de voir la mise à jour/mise à niveau à installer. J'essaierai le soir.
Mais il y a de l'espoir comme vous pouvez le voir 🤞

"Where did you see that?" Angel

Todays newsletter.
7.02 AM
Am I wrong? It is only marketing or a specific announcement??
Smile
Nothing is announced here in any case:

https://help.devialet.com/hc/en-us/secti...alet-Dione
They've sent an email.
Devialet Expert 440 Pro | Dynaudio Confidence 50 | 2x SVS SB16-Ultra
Anthem MRX 720 | Dynaudio Excite X28 | Dynaudio Emit M20
LG OLED 77 CX | LG OLED 65 C7