Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Devialet amplifier power ratings and AC mains regenerators
I have also AVM Ovation - gear which has SA-8 amplifier (~350 Wpc @ 4 ohm) According it's peak level meter I have very seldom gone over 100 Wpc. And an average listening level is then way over 90 dB. I measured how much it draws from wall socket: It was little over 100W, although it operates partially in A-class.

Edit: Source cd-player, track Leonard Cohen / Slow. Devialet volume level 0 dB. Peak power from wall socket was ~120W.
Sonos - Devialet 200 - Dynaudio Evidence Temptation
@MusicFirst, very weird, I took the numbers from the PS Audio website. I've asked PS Audio for clarification, see: http://www.psaudio.com/forum/power-produ...and-p5p10/
PS Audio P3, Shunyata ΞTRON Alpha Digital and HC/Furutech power cables, Paul Hynes SR7EHD-MR4, DIY Roon Server & Roon Endpoint running AudioLinux Headless, Phasure Lush^2 USB cable, Audioquest Diamond RJ/E ethernet, Uptone Audio etherREGEN, Mutec MC-3+ USB, Shunyata ΞTRON Anaconda Digital XLR AES/EBU, Devialet Expert 250 Pro CI, Nordost Tyr Reference LS cables, Von Schweikert VR-5 SE Anniversary Edition, Anti-Mode Dual Core 2.0, JL Audio Fathom F112. More detail here.

The Netherlands
I quickly received a reply from Paul MGowan, CEO of PS Audio:

Quote:The specifications list on the website is correct, the manual a bit conservative.

The figures of peak amperage have to do with a cycle by cycle maximum current and are not listed in the specs because they are tough to quantify the conditions under which they exist. Basically, Power Plants can handle surprising amounts of peak amperage when they fill in missing tops to AC power sine waves – that takes extraordinary stored power – which Power Plants easily handle.

PS: Perhaps a kind administrator would be willing to split all the AC regeneration posts into a new topic over in the 'Tweakers corner'?
PS Audio P3, Shunyata ΞTRON Alpha Digital and HC/Furutech power cables, Paul Hynes SR7EHD-MR4, DIY Roon Server & Roon Endpoint running AudioLinux Headless, Phasure Lush^2 USB cable, Audioquest Diamond RJ/E ethernet, Uptone Audio etherREGEN, Mutec MC-3+ USB, Shunyata ΞTRON Anaconda Digital XLR AES/EBU, Devialet Expert 250 Pro CI, Nordost Tyr Reference LS cables, Von Schweikert VR-5 SE Anniversary Edition, Anti-Mode Dual Core 2.0, JL Audio Fathom F112. More detail here.

The Netherlands
Apparently, if you are really seriously about cleaning your mains then balanced supplies are the way to go:

http://www.airlinktransformers.com/balan...er_supply/

Torus are also highly thought of

http://www.toruspower.com
IMac macOS 10.15.3 (no link to Devialet Sad ) / MacBook Pro Retina OS X 10.14.4 / Linn LP12 / Devialet 200 Wilson Benesch Discovery. 
Qobuz Desktop Latest Version / Audirvana 3.2.18 / Audirvana Remote / iTunes 12.9 / AIR 3.0.4 / Wi-Fi / FW 8.1.0 / SAM 50%
Cambridge, UK (Updated 27th February, 2020)
That's quite a statement PhilP, one I don't agree with BTW. Smile

Let's say we'd have a balanced supply capable of providing 1kW and a mains regenerator also capable of providing 1kW and they're equally expensive which one would you choose if you had to and why?

You don't have to share the answers with me BTW, there's thousands of threads on the Internet (some including heated arguments Big Grin) regarding this subject and I personally don't feel a want or need to discuss it myself. So I won't actively join the discussion if one might appear here. Smile There's also plenty articles discussing all the different power conditioning techniques and their pros and cons.

PS: Some other well known balanced power supply companies are: Equitech, Balanced Power Technologies.

The Netherlands
I did say 'apparently'. Oh well, I was just trying to ignite a discussion after having read about some significant successes people have had using balanced power supplies. I know b****r all about it Smile
IMac macOS 10.15.3 (no link to Devialet Sad ) / MacBook Pro Retina OS X 10.14.4 / Linn LP12 / Devialet 200 Wilson Benesch Discovery. 
Qobuz Desktop Latest Version / Audirvana 3.2.18 / Audirvana Remote / iTunes 12.9 / AIR 3.0.4 / Wi-Fi / FW 8.1.0 / SAM 50%
Cambridge, UK (Updated 27th February, 2020)
The Airlinks are pretty low-cost devices but I've had more joy from them than more expensive conditioners. Still prefer direct from the wall though.
(04-Jun-2015, 21:27)Antoine Wrote: That's quite a statement PhilP, one I don't agree with BTW. Smile

Let's say we'd have a balanced supply capable of providing 1kW and a mains regenerator also capable of providing 1kW and they're equally expensive which one would you choose if you had to and why?

You don't have to share the answers with me BTW, there's thousands of threads on the Internet (some including heated arguments Big Grin) regarding this subject and I personally don't feel a want or need to discuss it myself. So I won't actively join the discussion if one might appear here. Smile There's also plenty articles discussing all the different power conditioning techniques and their pros and cons.

PS: Some other well known balanced power supply companies are: Equitech, Balanced Power Technologies.

Antoine, wouldn't it be better to do both balanced and A/C mains regen?  If I'm not mistaken, there is a balanced transformer before the mains amplifiers in all the original PS audio devices (P300-P2000).
Laufer Teknik Memory Player - Atlas Mavros S/PDIF x 2 - Mutec MC-3+ USB Reclocker - Sablon Panatella BNC-SPDIF Digital Cable - LampizatOr Big 7 Tube DAC
Ayre Acoustics AX5-Twenty Amplifier - Rockport Technologies Cygnus Loudspeakers - Rel Gibralter G1 Six Pack Subs - Siltech Princess XLR - Ear to Ear Cables and PCs - Canada
FWIW, I'm another happy user plugging my 250 into a PS Audio P3. And I've also used their prior products in earlier iterations of my system to good effect (P300 and PPP). But I live in San Francisco, where the AC power isn't exactly clean, and my P3 often reports voltage at the wall dipping under 110.
Devialet 1000 Pro Core Infinity, Magico M3, Nordost Frey 2 speaker cable, PS Audio P15 Power Plant, Shunyata Alpha EF AC cable, Mac Mini running ROON.
I'd like to thank Antoine for his contributions on this matter. I come form the camp where the installation of a good quality separate spur from the consumer unit offers very big benefits. But I am soon moving to a country where mains supply is flaky, fluctuating and indeed, sometimes friable! So I have to think of ways to protect my Devialet and associated components, in ways that have the least effect on the sound, from a power supply grid that could indeed damage an unprotected system. Certainly his posts and what I have researched on PS Audio as well, and the P3 seems like a good fit.

Regenerate, rather than recondition, I like the concept. Hard for me to try, no local dealers do any type of regenerator unit.
Devialet 220 Pro, TQ Black Mains & Ultra Black Speaker Cables, Naim Ovators S600, Sonore microRendu (Roon & HQP) with Uptone JS-2
TRNC (North Cyprus)